Hyrdo Air Flow question

DemRa

Hey guys,

I've got a 18'x8'x8' height room that has a built in AC unit which will supply the fresh (cooled) air into the grow room (with several additional fans for air movement.)
I've got 4x 1k lights that will be daisy chained together in a straight line with reflectors and glass to be air cooled with the last light at the end having a dead end for the air. Meaning that the cool room air will be sucked past the glass, into the reflectors and sucked outside.
I've also got a Can Filter 66 for odor inside the room with it's own 6" in-line air mover sucking the smelly room air into the carbon filter.
I've got 2x Valuline 6" in-line fans. One for the lights, One for the odor filter.

Here's my question.

Can I get by with using one 6" in-line fan blowing hot air OUT of the window that it's sucking from the 4x 1k's in a closed air system. And the other being used to suck the rooms air into the Can Filter 66?

OR do I need another 6" in-line air mover blowing fresh air INTO the lights (even though I have an AC unit right there) and another air mover sucking it out AND another air mover sucking the room air into the Can 66?

Thanks in Advance

p.s. I'm also looking to make friends with other LA growers. And by friends I mean buying them meals, and drinks, and club covers, and giving them free things, and etc.
:bong:

That all sounds good I would say with the a.c and what you have set up you should be good to go that's enough air flow

Thanks Ez!

My only concern is that the air that's cooling the lights, might somehow suck in some smelling air and blow it outside for all to smell.
BUT since it's a fairly closed system, (the air can ONLY get into that system thru the cracks between the glass and the refector).

actually i have a question for u.. i was lookin into the valuline fans.. are they good, they are muuuuuuuch cheaper than normal vortex fans, and you kno they say you get what you pay for lol...

anywho have you have success with the fans, idk if you have use them at all seein as you seem to me in midst of construction of your grow room

Can't tell you yet. Haven't used them.
Though I'm sure I'm going to like them better than a squirrel fan.

They are much cheaper and there not bad at all for the price I did not like them personally but they do the job and as for the smell you should be ok just make sure your vent out side is above head level and no one should smell any thing you should be ok :grinjoint:

Your A/C is your positive air intake so then you take your carbon and duct it outside the room to equal it out.If you dont run your A/C you need the second fan as a positive intake.This will keep fresh CO2 moving on the plants.Hence changing the atmosphere in the rooms the faster you change it the better, if you grow alot of plant.If you run a CO2 gen then you need a fan controller to stop from sucking out your made CO2.you realy dont need a second fan just a grill cut to a different room.The carbon fan will equal out the pressure and suck fresh air as needed if your A/C not on.You will still get the turn around you need.

Back
Top Bottom