Low ceiling basement grow

Cannablessed

Hey people, I'm attempting a grow in a 6' W x 10 'L x 5.25' H (static height) space, I am using two 600w Air Cooled Hps units (6") with matching inline intake/outake fans, as well as a matching room air system of two (6") fans through a 40" mountainaire charcoal filter. I will also be adding CO2. I am doing drain2waste, and my reservoir is separate from my grow room (in a cooler space). I have available Purple Kush vs. Purple Grandad as the strains of choice. I want to do a SCROG as i have the aforementioned low ceiling, I will be growing in a 3' x 6' tray. (18 plants?) There are two structural beams that would limit me to a 58" OA height if I use a light mover, (minus the loss of the mover height itself) Will I have enough height with the AC hoods static, or should I get a light mover as well? The basement stays quite cool during the summer, there is a natural spring uphill from my space, naturally cooling the basement. I know that this is sort of "specific" but I am hoping one of You can help. Does anyone have a similar setup? Thanks.. :reading420magazine:

You might consider an autoflowering strain. They should stay under 3' tall (2 1/2-3 ft)and you wouldn't need the light mover. I especially like Nirvanas AK48. Flowers in about 3weeks and is ready to harvest in about 8-9 weeks from sprouts.

Thanks Hairy,
AK 47 is on my list, I live in Norcal so I have cuttings available. This should shorten my overall time to finish considerably. ;)

I have almost the same size room. Only just over 6 feet tall. I grow SOG in a flood and drain trays 3X3 you should have plenty of room. As soon as clones are rooted well enough just put right in 12-12. You just have to find which strain works the best for you. Every strain I have tried has worked well some just yield better then others. I never use auto flowering strains either why pay for seeds every time when you can clone. Last batch i put into flower at 4-6" and they finished at 16-22". I would run all the same strain if I was you...Hope that helps!!!

Back
Top Bottom