Basement Grow Room Building - Noob

I knew the thermostat on my little fan heater was nothing special and I was right, it works great at maintaining the temps during dark cycle, when the lights are on, temps can be low enough for it to switch on which pushed room temps to 86F. Its now on a timer to only power on during dark cycle, see how it goes. I've spent many hours in this room playing about with airflow and temperatures, getting a feel for the room which is what I always wanted. I have all I need supply wise to start I think, might pop those seeds in very soon :)

Tap water test before anything starts.. if say 7.0 to 7.5 :s I'm sure when I first tested the tap water it was between 6.0 and 6.5, I know the light quality you view this tube under can help correctly determine the right color but it was day light I viewed it in the first time. I did save some money in case PH up/down was needed, I was ready to pop these seeds in a cup of water tonight but not sure now. Will this PH be an issue at this point?

Thanks bud, I'm going to do another test of water I've let get to room temp see if that's any different. Luckily, where I live, we have soft water with no excessive harmful chemicals, lol, maybe I'm the one missing out on these chem riddled drinking water systems. England's water is pretty bad though, you can smell the chems, and that's only a hop skip and a jump over the border away :) maybe I will pop them tonight, watch this space.

Until these have a tap root, it ain't no grow, I'll start a journal once it qualifies lol. I've covered them to keep light out. And left them in my grow room, I'm gonna be checking in once or twice over the next 6 hours. All I have now is hope, that and a big empty grow room.

Outside the room was a mess before now, since I've cleaned and washed the inside of the room thoroughly, outside needed a lot of vacuuming to get rid of the dust. Got a few pics of it looking a bit better.

Seeds have been in just over 11 hours, none have cracked open yet but I can actually see through some of the seed shells and what looks like a white tap root that hasn't reached the outer shell yet, can see it on a few of them. Is a slightly translucent shell normal?? I remember reading a guide about how to spot viable seeds, having a thin shell was described as not viable.

I don't do the whole watch for a tap root thing so no first hand experience on watching the taps. A pale/white soft shell is no good. As long as the seed hardened it's mature. If your seeing changes/activity you should be in good shape.

Back
Top Bottom