Ceiling grow - Suggestions Please People

stealthed-up

Whatsup there everyone, im a personal smoker, been trying some grows for quite some time, the only issue lies in my room where obviously my grow is vulnerable to some of my family. Ive had an awesome purple outdoor grow but im really keen to setup my own indoor, i got my 250 watt ballast mh&hps Currently with my 250 watt MH Powerstar for veg, got my nutes Bio-Grow , Bio-Fishmix , Bat Guano , Diamond Nectar. Using an organic promix from my local hydro store. Now as my room is very vulnerable i have a ceiling on top which i have easy access to from my room, although its not very big it requires some long climbing which i dont mind doing IF i can have some reassurance of this not failing.

The space biggest where i am able to grow is about over 42 inches in height & 40 inches wide on both sides, although i am measuring this over 42inches from the highest top of the roof cause it slopes down, i hope i am explaining this right.

My main concerns are ventilation & Light, how much air would i have to push in and out of this sized compartment ? Would my 250 watt be too hot or big for this type of sized compartment ? i know very well of cooltubes but i cant get hold of one anywhere here, not even a pyrex bake o round to build a diy, so i guess ill have to build some other type of diy cooling method. Spiders are another bitch inside the ceiling as i hate the shit out of them, i would assume putting some type of fogger before building to kill em all.

I would just like to know what would you people suggest ?

I'd say don't bother. seems like a super huge ordeal to go through just to grow some pot. also if you cant grow safely in your house I wouldn't grow at all. what if you start a fire up there? seems un safe..

Yeah I was thinking the same man, always thought about it but i know there's a reason of me not going through with it. Fire could happen, you're completely right. Thanx for the help though bro. Ive thought of a big speaker box for quite some time, you thinking cooltubing it in a decently sized box will eliminate the most heat ? If you got any other ideas in a stealthy way similiar to a speaker box PLEASE ADVISE ME ! thank you ; ) !

Yeah it would work, i know cfl's just thinking of using my 250 watt HID system, my ballast is switchable mh/hps just puts out alot of heat & here in this country my hydro store dont sell cooltubes

hey there stealthed-up, first let me welcome you to 420Mag we are a cool giant worldwide family here that actually like to help, other family members.

Let me start by giving you props and do you a solid for having the determination and balls to grow your own medicine despite hostile enviroment! After all before Medical Marijuana was Medical, it was just marijuana, and growing was subject to hostility equal to that of today. I digress....
Second with a 250wt MH or HPS you will be fine except in the heat of August, depending where you live. As for the air get a small desk fan or three plug 'em in from the get go. Obtain some Pro Mix HP, some pots and let's start this bitch up.
My Man, if you need some encouragement to grow I'll whip that ass and we'll be runnin' a marathon and you will be yielding 1/2oz plant in that space harvested in 90 days!!!
Interested???? If there is anything we can assist you with please don't hesitate I'm always online "or in the garden"

Dude thi is the third effing time I am trying to pot this shit man...f ing kept erasing that shiot urks me so soooo bad. But anyhow...sorry had to vent!! And you'll have to Vent big time bro., Come on Cousin...you know better than that. You know that Attics can reach temperatures of 150 to 160 degrees F during a summer day, although outside air temperatures are only 95 to 97 degrees F. Incorporating a 250 hid to that space, figure adding well say 15 degrees, and thats on the low end. So that creates temps @ 175. I'd say thats pretty unsafe. But then if you pull if off. You're going to smell up your entire house and they, whom ever they are will smell it like, well like the fresh skunky Aroma of Sweet Cannabis. I think every young stoner has thought of Growing a few plants up in the P's attic. It's going to be pretty much a waste of your time and energy. Find a fat girl, get her to fall in love with you, then grow @ her plizace!!!

Dude thi is the third effing time I am trying to pot this shit man...f ing kept erasing that shiot urks me so soooo bad. But anyhow...sorry had to vent!! And you'll have to Vent big time bro., Come on Cousin...you know better than that. You know that Attics can reach temperatures of 150 to 160 degrees F during a summer day, although outside air temperatures are only 95 to 97 degrees F. Incorporating a 250 hid to that space, figure adding well say 15 degrees, and thats on the low end. So that creates temps @ 175. I'd say thats pretty unsafe. But then if you pull if off. You're going to smell up your entire house and they, whom ever they are will smell it like, well like the fresh skunky Aroma of Sweet Cannabis. I think every young stoner has thought of Growing a few plants up in the P's attic. It's going to be pretty much a waste of your time and energy. Find a fat girl, get her to fall in love with you, then grow @ her plizace!!!

Cant argue with that, If it is not safe listen up!

I lean towards the latter posts as if I could grow I would, and there would be pics of the garden in the thread already. So maybe it is a BAD IDEA, but wtf where are you stealthed-up? any pics?
It is not July and August yet, maybe we can sneak one crop in?

Hey guys i appreciate the posts alot, first of all yeah its in an attic, the space isnt tiny but it aint big, at the moment this is my only option & damn growing that outdoor which gave me the fattest biggest cola's with just some water & ground soil surprised me and made me even more excited for the next grow which now i want to be indoor, Im living in Southern-Africa, im a white male who smokes the finest indoor i get my hands on,im lucky cause plenty people here dont know where to find their proper indoor, i dont know how much you guys know about this country but im more than willing to explain how things go down here considering what weed is available etc. I have a 250 watt osram powerstar Daylight hqi-t with my switchable mh/hps ballast, at the moment in my country the weather is starting to go into winter , its getting colder & the attic's temps dont rise too high during the day & stay quite cool at night. I have already purchased myself a bag of Organic Pro Mix, it Constituents of :
25L coco peat, 25L perlite, 400g Turbo Gro, 200g Bat Guano, 200g Dolomite Lime, 200g Rock Phosphate. What do you guys think of this ? As i said in the previous sentences guys this is only something i want to do once or MAYBE twice after this im moving to a proper decently sized room where i want to yield myself atleast half a kilogram of the stickiest shit i can produce. Im planning a decent vent, im just not sure if 300 - 600 cfm's will push out enough heat and if i would need any fresh intake then ? Considering smell, lets see how it goes if the smell gets very bad ill make a nice carbon filter otherwise i couldnt give a shit who smells such a lovely stench ; ) Yesterday after thinking of cooltubes i thought of how to build a diy working cooltube, as i know many alcohol bottles arent long enough to support this tubular light i found myself a sambucca bottle which is just long enough to do the trick, cutting the bottom off & then cutting the top of just at the length so my e40 socket can fit into perfectly, then planning on venting it with a high powered 8 cm computer fan, i will post pictures of how i plan to make this cooltube, to me i dont see any doubts in it, unless the see through bottle doesnt give off enough light ? Which i doubt. I will also upload pictures of the space i have in which i can plant some babies. I know this is a tricky place to grow but im more than willing to do that, i will go through every precaution just to not let a fire sparking off which i dont think is too likely to happen ?

Thank You brothers

PEACE out

Stealthed-up My Man!!!!
Let's get this bitch up and runnin' we can deal with the bullshit later. Conditions are like mother nature we can work thru them. :goodjob:on the Pro Mix that is THE Shit.
I am glad you decided to grow ahead anyway despite the negativity associated with such a small and potentially dangerous spot. I am familiar remotely with Sout Africa I have friends and relatives who have been and when I lived in Miami Bch had some friends who grew up there and also had home in Miami. My apologies I thought you were in Californication and were only joking about Cape Town on your Id. I want to ask because I participate in this. Are you familiar with Sun City? There is a Race the SCMDPR do you know it I wonder because it is Racing Homing Pigeons. The best trainers and breeders in the world enter this race I sent birds since it began and have done very well.
As for the fire do not sweat it in July and August there you will be freezing. We are here to assist in any form needed please stay in touch my friend!
It is a pleasure meeting you and starting a grow. We are going to kill it!

Excuse me Wingman i been out for a lil while man, anyways i still need to upload pictures which im going to do as i got the cam right by my side, I am familiar with suncity yes, i have been a few times & its quite a nice experience, i havent seen the birds though but it must be quite amazing, where do you suggest i get a decently priced cooltube at? aint any available in my country, peace out !

While I'm all for doin' what you have to do to get your buzz goin' I have to say this has a bad feel to it IMO.

Hot dry wood with HID lighting and maybe insulation etc. up in an attic. Lots of combustible material and adding electricity and lighting. It just doesn't sound anywhere near safe to me.

Putting your families health, safety and HOME at risk like this and having a very real possibility of getting caught makes for a very bad gamble...

Yeah SkooterClowns i know exactly what you mean, ive just realised again its far too hard for me 2 get up in there and work/build, rate im just going to go for a decently sized speaker box & try cooltube my hid 250 watt in there. Let me know what you think.

Much better idea...do yourself a favor...check out our grows (links in my signature) and others grows here on 420magazine.com as well. Your situation is screaming to use CFLs and you can get some great results using them. I know you want to use your HID lighting but that would be best used when you can do it in a bigger set up.

HID lighting gets VERY hot and you really won't be able to exhaust that amount of heat from a speaker box in your room in a house full of people you need to keep it a secret from (if that makes any sense at all).

Good luck....

I was thinking of using a decently sized speakerbox i want 2 make out of chipboard, then put my ballast out of the box with the hid lighting in the box with a heat resistant glass blocking the heat, then i would like to extract the heat out with two 10cm computer fans or two 12cm computer fans, what do you think ? im thinking i can pull it off, i know my sources of where to build up a nice speaker box with the carpet the grills & the plastic airhole ports, what do you think ? will i be successful with the heat or should i get a 150 watt hps for this, if not i wouldnt mind cfl's but i really wanna attempt this hid !

I could use two 12cm computer fans pushing out 110cfm each, they silent fans so what would you think ? otherwise ill go for a cfl or perhaps an 150watt hid ? i would like to pull it off but if u really think i wont keep the heat down let me know, its winter here so temperature aint too high ! thanx man

Back
Top Bottom