I am becoming very impatient - Someone please help me

Dank1231

The swelling of the buds have been going on for over two weeks now and it seems the trichomes wont change to amber. (With MY bare eye sight, which is not too great) Please someone let me know about how much longer I will have to wait in order to harvest my plant. I wish to do it as soon as tonight so I can smoke some hash. I however don't want to harvest the plant if it wont give me a high at all.

So my question is, does it look as thought it is mature enough for harvest? If not, would it still be potent if harvesting tonight? I do understand it takes another 1-2 weeks to dry and another month to cure, I just had the plant for five months now and obviously it is a strain that takes longer than most. Any and all feedback is encouraged. Please help me. I am just a beginner and need help from the pros.
IMG_20151204_204600.jpg
IMG_20151204_204556.jpg
IMG_20151204_204424.jpg
IMG_20151204_204359.jpg
IMG_20151204_204351.jpg
IMG_20151130_093019.jpg
IMG_20151130_093004.jpg
IMG_20151130_092837.jpg
IMG_20151130_092905.jpg

The calyxes are turning red/brown so they look ripe enough to me. You have gobs of trichomes there and it is hard to tell with the photos, but some look to be turning darker. I like to harvest on the early side myself, as it results in a clearer high and less stony weed. You cannot lose at this point in my book. You will get high. Harvest at will. I dry for a week to 10 days on cardboard turning them every day, and then I put them in paper bags for a week open, and another few weeks with the bag folded shut, stirring them every couple of days. Then I manicure and jar them.

your pistols are already more then 75% brown thats a good indicator to chop the plant before it hermies on you and idk how you can tell what color the trichomes are with your bare eye lol maybe the plants genetics are meant for a couchlock high and they genetically take a long ass time to get amber trichomes but at this point aslong as the buds are still swelling id let them run their course and chop them as soon as they stop swelling so they don't turn hermie on you

none of the previous advice is good, the actual response each should have given was do you have a microscope if not get one for 5 dollars if you pull them early you wasted your time, and energy over the last 4-5 months, just relax ask a friend for a joint, or something patience is required from here on out, this is where it can all be fucked up. so slow down and take a deep breath

in a couple of those pictures the trich's seem to have anywhere from 15-25 percent amber, you at least have some miky, and therefor, in my opinion, you should be good to go with your harvest! But as was mentioned early by somebody else in this thread the trichromes will begin to amber and degrade more and leave you with a nice couch-lock experience when smoking! Good luck and enjoy!

Well its impossible to tell from the pics because of the background color and lighting etc... that is why you need a scope. Just saying

well i was saying what is making it impossible to tell is the background in the picture, not that it cant be dont with a camera? but if you have a brown/red background then you will see amber Hue, if the hps is on you will see amber in photo.

none of the previous advice is good

Back at 'cha there buddy. Your advice sucks. Why only a microscope? Why not a scanning electron microscope? And a full testing lab?

Back at 'cha there buddy. Your advice sucks. Why only a microscope? Why not a scanning electron microscope? And a full testing lab?
well from someone giving advice on the color of calyxes meaning its ripe ill take that as a compliment, and the reason why a microscope and not the scanning elctron or full testing is that the others are very costly and a microscope is $15

Back
Top Bottom