I am in urgent need of some advice and assistance please

smokeschronic

What Strain is it?: 'Power Plant'
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?: They are cuttings from a hydro shop, am not aware of the difference on indica etc at present??
How Many Plants?: 12
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?:1st day of flowering
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?: they were vegged for 4 weeks
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?: 1st day today
Indoor or Outdoor?: indoor
Soil or Hydro?: soil

If Soil... What is in your Mix? I used soil provided by the hydro shop
If Soil... What Size Pot?: 10" square pots
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?: 600w HPS (vegged with 1 now have installed 2)
Is it Air Cooled?: yes with an exhaust fan only currently
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?: BIG ISSUES, VARYING 52 - 86!!!

How Often are you Watering?: When soil is dry
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?: Bloombastic box set with terra grow schedules
Hi there am writing this early to try and avoid issues early that are almost inevitable, tempratures being the big problem, pictures included to help you get an idea of whats going on.

I vegged my plants with 1x600w HPS tempratures were stabling 76F daytime, 55-60 night time, plants appear pretty healthy at the moment, but the lights are due on in 1 hour (2 x 600w HPS for flower as the single didnt seem to be enough to cover my area of plants) now the issue is the tempratures are reaching as much as 86F with both lights running, air cooled hoods are kinda out of the question at the moment as the expense will be too much, I have a 4" exhaust fan attached to carbon filter hanging from cieling, I have no intake fan which I think needs to be installed as a MUST to drop these tempratures??

Have a look at my pictures and tell me what you guys think please they have been vegging for 4 weeks and i dont want it to be a waste of 4 weeks am hoping to have some produce to smoke in 8 more weeks!!!

DSCF00643.JPG

DSCF00604.JPG

Thank you all in advance...

to me it looks like you could use a single light for that small of an area. a single 600 can adequately cover a 4x4 area, if you must use two then monitor the temp and turn one of the lights off when it reaches 82 degrees you know that some types love the mid 80s get in the habit of hand weighing those pots to judge watering time, warmer conditions means thirstier plants...

you want a cheap easy solution? remove 3 plants and 1 lamp. youve got nice plants but you will need some air exchanging to run the 2 600s.
min 2 gallon....3 is better. If your less than 2 gallon than transplant....otherwise dont transplant.

Hell smokeskronic, Your lookin good ! Seems like you've got things under contr0l there.Mid 80s isn't that bad just keep it from going any higher than that. I make mine do 12 on from 8 am till 8 pm that way I keep the doors open a bit during the day time to keep heat down close doors at night . I'm sure you figured that out already. Watch your ph keep it between 5.8 and 6.8 . Don't get crazy with nutes keep them low at first and slowly raise them watching for any burn etc. :peace: good luck

As a max those temps are fine. I would not remove any plants or light. Transplant into bigger pots a week or two before flowering.

hey guys thanks for all the replys!! ok im gonna see how i can get things to go properly theni think bigger pots are going to be a pain in the rear now, the guy in the hydro shop told me them pots would be sufficient so im gonna risk it for the time being, if mid 80's is not going to be a major issue then things should be all good as they are for the time being, filter is not nessesary as my whole neighbourhood smells of weed all the time anyway im glad people think things are going good, and i think iv got nutes under control at the moment, for the feed yesterday i used regular dose of vegging nutes with minimal dose of flower nutes, next 2 or 3 feeds will be water only, then medium dose of flowering nutes (no veg nutes), water, water, full dose

iv also got a little 2kw thermostatic fan heater setup to keep it upto about 65 when lamps are off, im thinking an oil filled rad or something to keep the heat up would be better but this should do the job

happy smoking

hey guys thanks for all the replys!! ok im gonna see how i can get things to go properly theni think bigger pots are going to be a pain in the rear now, the guy in the hydro shop told me them pots would be sufficient so im gonna risk it for the time being, if mid 80's is not going to be a major issue then things should be all good as they are for the time being, filter is not nessesary as my whole neighbourhood smells of weed all the time anyway im glad people think things are going good, and i think iv got nutes under control at the moment, for the feed yesterday i used regular dose of vegging nutes with minimal dose of flower nutes, next 2 or 3 feeds will be water only, then medium dose of flowering nutes (no veg nutes), water, water, full dose

iv also got a little 2kw thermostatic fan heater setup to keep it upto about 65 when lamps are off, im thinking an oil filled rad or something to keep the heat up would be better but this should do the job

happy smoking
I would suggest immediate 12/12, if you gonna leave them in those pots. Otherwise, repot them and let em grow some more. And if you don't need the filter, throw it in the dumpster. Your fan will draw more air, and last longer. :surf::goodluck:

Hanks they are on 12/12 now amd im going to reasses the filter situation later im pretty sure im higher than all the neighbouring propertys then il take filter off - thanks again

air cooled hoods are kinda out of the question at the moment as the expense will be too much

That's one expense that is generally worth it.

I have a 4" exhaust fan attached to carbon filter hanging from cieling, I have no intake fan which I think needs to be installed as a MUST to drop these tempratures??

Sure, add another fan. But do NOT set it up as an intake! Just for the sake of this discussion, say your current fan is rated at 200CFM. If you add another one of the same type but set it up for an intake fan, you're still only going to have 200CFM flowing through. If a horse can gallop at 30MPH, adding another one on a lead won't have the pair going at 60MPH.

Now if those horses... err... fans are under such a load that you're not getting the rated airflow, then adding an intake fan might help, but it's not the correct way to go. Put both fans on output and make sure that you have enough passive intakes that the fans are not struggling to move the air that they are rated to move.

Keep an eye on watering and the soil moisture levels. You don't want to ever overwater, but plants use transpiration as a built-in defense against high temperatures - especially when there is adequate airflow. High temps and steady airflow will often see plants using a lot more water. A fully-grown tree (a real tree, lol) can transpire several hundred gallons of water on a hot Summer day.

Just looking at ur set up....very cool and similar to mine. You are going to have root bound issues with those pots bro. I tell you this from experience...I an Sog er and was going for smaller plants and I found that the pots were just too small and had root bound issues. I also had heat problems. I am using a 600 hps and a 400 mh...I was reaching crazy temp..think it actually stunted their growth. Got that in check now and looking wonderful. Sometimes we over look the simplest things, as I did...just starting back with soil after hydro..I was overlooking my ph with my water, then I overlook the small pots causing root bound. You could get an air conditioner...

Back
Top Bottom