I asked the other day if anyone could tell what’s wrong with the leaves on my Monster Bruce Banner: here’s what it looks like

darcels30

The leaves are getting brown and crumbly

Attachments

• F9117B8E-7E6D-4BDC-A3CE-C9EFBF525AD2.jpeg
    F9117B8E-7E6D-4BDC-A3CE-C9EFBF525AD2.jpeg
    811.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 5D955DE7-72D3-4834-B338-0D6CA35B2E6F.jpeg
    5D955DE7-72D3-4834-B338-0D6CA35B2E6F.jpeg
    695.7 KB · Views: 62
  • E7D53B61-0CC2-42D7-9615-5AE92DDF315E.jpeg
    E7D53B61-0CC2-42D7-9615-5AE92DDF315E.jpeg
    795.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 084FEC9D-7BFE-402E-80CD-F0286539E485.jpeg
    084FEC9D-7BFE-402E-80CD-F0286539E485.jpeg
    711.5 KB · Views: 53
I would say two things just based on what I can see in your pictures... too much nitrogen and too little magnesium. This is just a wild guess based on looking at your pictures... more info would certainly help narrow it down.
I gave it some cal-mag plus with bud candy and big bud, I hope that works. I stopped giving it my Sensi bloom and just giving bud candy & big bud 2 last week. any suggestions? I have 4 plants, why is this happening to 1? 3 different strains

I had that same problem with those same nutes and amilya straightened me out few months ago. I’ve since stop those nutes and went to mega crop and no complaints. Well except my wallet is heavier from the saved money lol

yes, I think it was my PH b/c it was between 7-8 and I know that's too high. i'm about 3 weeks away from finishing anyway and i'm going to start the flush

There is a large percentage of growers who still follow the advice given in a few of the old 1960's How To Grow Pot books and back in those days and continuing on into today there were beliefs and practices that have mostly been debunked by modern science and new grow methods.
We have known about the salts that build up in a soil that has been using synthetic nutrients for a long long time, and we know that when the salts build up to a point, that they can start to lock out the plant's ability to uptake water and nutrients. We know that a 3x the container sized flush of plain water will clear that soil of all the salts and debris that has been building up, allowing the plants full uptake again. This is also a common way to clear out old nutes and to prepare the soil for a new round of nutes, such as when changing from veg to bloom.
So we know that a proper 3x flush near the end of the grow, when the plants are at their hungriest and growing the fastest, is very beneficial. We have identified that the best time to do this flush is about 2 weeks before the harvest, at the point the buds start their final swelling to their final size and weight, because it allows the hungry buds that are finishing up the ability to suck up as much water and as many nutes as they need at the end. Modern advice is to do this final flush at the Harvest - 2 week point and then feed your plants heavily right up to the end with strong finishing nutes strong in P and K.
We used to believe that if you didn't flush your plants at the end, they would end up tasting bad. What we didnt know was that when buds were analyzed using modern scientific methods, we learned that you can not flush the plants of excess nitrogen or anything else and that giving the plants nothing but water a week or two from the harvest did nothing but starve the plants... there was no change in the amount of raw nutrients left in the buds. Further analysis showed us that this action did NOTHING to change what was in the bud that you smoke, and especially after a good cure, you were not smoking nutrients whether you starved them at the end or not. The starvation, or flushing as it is called these days, had absolutely no effect on the final product... except of course, without feeding them at the end they just end up smaller.

Flush your plants properly with 3x the volume of plain water on one of your plain water watering days approximately 2 weeks from the end, or now since you are 1 week away. Start the flush and end it in that one session. Then feed just like you normally would, every other time until the actual harvest. Don't starve your plants at the end... that is how your grandpa grew pot. Today we know how to grow the best pot ever produced, and this advice is one of the reasons this is happening. This is also a good lesson in not believing everything you read or see a youtube on.... Not everyone really knows what they are talking about, and a lot of them out there are blowing nothing but a lot of hot air trying to become famous youtube stars.

Back
Top Bottom