I have a guano question

Hammerback0

Hello 420 fam! As the title states, I have a question about bat shit (guano). The county in which I reside has hundreds of caves, many spanning for miles. A friend of mine has one of these caves on his property and has offered to take a burlap type bag, and collect a bag full of guano for me,with the potential of being used as fertilizer. The FF soil I generally use contains guano, as well as worm castings. He collects the guano for other people, and has the proper safety equipment (breathing apparatus etc) as stirring up dust etc can be harmful to ones health. My question to you guys/gals is this. Is it safe for plants to add guano to soil as an amendment? Does the guano need to be put through any type of process prior to being used in soil? Any type of washing etc? I’ve done some research on using guano for cannabis fertilizer, and even read that it can’t “burn” cannabis like other ferts. I find this hard to believe, as from my experience, I’ve never saw a fertilizer that cannot burn plants if not used correctly. I’d greatly appreciate any input from fellow growers that have used guano in their grows, as well as opinions on whether I can use it safely to benefit my plants, or if I should steer clear of it altogether. Thanks for taking the time to read, and thanks in advance for any information you have to offer. Hope you all have a good evening, and thanks again!
Hammerback.

Bat guano can be quite hot. It’s best to work it into compost or a soil mix that will be allowed to “cook” for a month or so. That said I know one or two folks that sprinkle a bit of guano with a top dress when moving into flower.

The other option, is to use it in teas, mixing aerated compost teas and adding some guano for use.

I have a big bag of Philippine bat guano. I barely use it because it’s so strong, and my soil is pretty young and not requiring much yet.

Id collect that stuff up by the bucket. Makes great tees. Very strong though so you'll want to dilute it and play close attention after you use it.

we have' use that $hit too, our method is: to let it sit for 1 year before using it, collect as much as you can, that way you will have lots to play with, it works great for flavor towards the end of your show. Tea is a good way to use and administer this product, mixxing it into a compose is highly favorable aswell, as others mentioned on here, it could burn your $Hit if your not carefull, its high in phos

Back
Top Bottom