I have a question

PFirefly

Hello all, greetings and blessings to you and yours.

I know of a plant, I don't know it's strain. That is why I have a question. This plant has very glossy leaves and a very strong licorice smell. Not all the leaves are glossy. Also, very, very green. But the licorice smell is very strong. The strain was supposed to be big bang but I have my doubts. I have no idea what this strain could be. Any ideas and reply's will greatly be appreciated.

Thank-you and peace and blessings,

PFirefly

Re: I have a question,

I'd like to help but the information is vague. I've heard some people describe certain Indica plants with a licorice smell. Some people use molasses to supposedly sweeten their plants. Perhaps that's what you experienced. Different methods of growing can make the same strain differ in taste and affect.

Thank-you Mike,

No molasses used here. Old Age Bloom, Super Thrive, Kool Bloomz and Floralicious. All the plants get the same treatment. I have no idea what this critter is but it's very, very Indica and I have not run across this smell before. Maturing earlier than others. Very tricome heavy and short and squat. Not a Maz, I know that for certain.

Thanks again Mike

South African Durban aka Durban Poison is probably what you are looking for. It smelled a little like licorice with some imagination, but mostly a earthy sweet smell. Definitely has a licorice taste though. A lot of South African strains seem to have this characteristic.

Edit: Oops, I missed the indica part, hmmm, not sure then because Durban Poison is definitely a sativa.

Thank-you budbro,

I've been looking at strains till I'm strain crazy. I have not found it yet. May remain a mystery. I'm wondering if NewYork 47 could be the culprit? I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks again,

PFirefly

Double potting

is it okay to put two plants in one pot?

It certainly is. I've done this many times. I recommend at least a 3 gal pot along with some LSTing (low stress training). Check my "BWC's largest solo grow to date" in my signature to see whay multiple plants potted together look like and how they look in bloom together.

Back
Top Bottom