I have some reviews for Missouri, Springfield, and Oklahoma, Northeast corner, Wyandotte and Grove

Pinktiger777

I had a lousy grow, so I had to buy it. Being a legal medical patient and cultivator in Missouri, I went to a few dispensaries.
I also went to Oklahoma and got a temporary license. The license cost me $100 and is good for 30 days. You know why? Oklahoma weed is less, and some dispensaries are even lower than others. I don't know why and it worries me. But while it lasts, here goes:
The Missouri dispensaries are mostly heavily armed and controlled. From the time you enter, you are monitored and watched and also accompanied by a budtender. Cash is what they take, unless you want to use your debit card at certain ones. Debit cards are charged to the next 10 bucks, so it helps to have cash. ATMS are located inside for your convenience.
Greenlight Dispensary has a drive-thru. They have 1/4 ounce jars of shake, but the last one had sticks in it and pissed me off.
The quality of Missouri weed is not really great. It looks like my first attempts at growing. LOL. Oklahoma is even worse sometimes, but here are the highlights:
I bought pre-rolls in Oklahoma, 1 gram each, for $115 for 28 prerolls or $5 for $25. They have popcorn for $75 an ounce, and lots of weed that sells at $100 an ounce. Look for little dispensaries on the side of the road. I even bought some outdoor popcorn for $50 an ounce. I suggest the Hippie Joint near Wyandotte.
So I run to Oklahoma once every two weeks ( a two hour drive) and load up. Hope this helps.

I also went to Oklahoma and got a temporary license. The license cost me $100 and is good for 30 days.

Yikes! Are they hoping to make a lot of money from out of state smugglers or something?

Oklahoma weed is less, and some dispensaries are even lower than others. I don't know why

A couple of possibilities: Law of supply and demand - if people are trying to sell more than is being purchased, it causes a glut on the market, and prices tend to fall. Another possibility is that - if testing for contaminates (such as mold spores) is... very sporadic, or is easy to circumvent - there might be a lot of product dumped from out of state growers who were unable to sell in their local market. My guess is that the first one is probably more likely (although it might not be a bad idea to send a gram of a strain or two (that seemed to be suspiciously inexpensive) off to a lab, for testing).

Debit cards are charged to the next 10 bucks

I don't think that's legal. Some years back, I briefly contemplated accepting cards for payment. I realized that it wasn't enough of an issue to worry about - but one of the things I learned while doing research was that a business may charge a customer more than they would if the customer had paid with cash - but only enough to cover the actual cost to the business for accepting the payment type. And the actual processing fees are almost always less than 3½% of the transaction (and often less than half of that). Actually, I suppose it could be legal - depending on the percentage that the specific business gets charged, and the actual total of the customer's merchandise (including tax). However, if - for example - you walk in, see something on sale that works out to a total cost of $20.14, and they bill your card $30... yeah, that would be illegal.

This form of businesses ripping off their customers is actually thought to not be extremely rare. Every now and then, though, an attentive customer will notice, report the business, and it'll get nailed.

ATMS are located inside for your convenience.

Given the above, I wonder how much the transaction fees are when one uses those ATMs.

has a drive-thru.

:rofl:. Sketchiest dealer I ever bought from back in the day still let me look at (and smell) the bud before I handed over the money. Still, all things considered, that's probably a feature that some people find to be useful.

ittle dispensaries on the side of the road.

I was curious, and did a web-search. I saw a picture of the building, and it looks like a mobile trailer that someone moved in and built a porch onto. Which is neither here nor there... I suppose. But the website has a list of their products - and that's the first business that lists their smoking devices and such under "Paraphenalia" (which is misspelled, FFS). LEO and prosecutors use the term, although they spell it correctly ;). And the prices? $27.997325, WTF?

Yes, definitely have your merchandise lab-tested, lol. And wonder whether the only paperwork associated with the business is rolled around a cardboard tube in the bathroom.

Back
Top Bottom