I think I have some serious issues - Please help!

cylob

greetings!

i am just into my second set and i am having what i feel are going to be some (ongoing) horrible problems.

i dropped 4 crop king auto NORTHERN LIGHTS and 2 crop king fem WHITE COOKIES to germ and all 6 of them sprouted, but the 2 WC were a couple of days behind. that was on march 5th.

the 4 auto NL came up ok, but one of them was slow and never caught on. just sort of shriveled and died.
the 2 fem WC never broke ground despite having the same treatment as all the others. odd...

so i was left with three plants. as of today, they look pretty terrible. over a month old and they are tiny.

20170404_200203.jpg

20170404_200158.jpg

20170404_200150.jpg

so on march 26th, i dropped the last 3 auto NL seeds i had and here they are today.*

20170404_200058.jpg

20170404_200128.jpg

20170404_200142.jpg

you can see the ones that are about 10 days old look nearly the same as the older ones. i've used only RO water with a small dose of calmag. no nutes up til yesterday when i did the most basic GH.

i think i might have let the temp get too low a couple of times in the first few days or week. my first experiments were amazing! i started at the end of april last year, and i think that doing it at the start of march made a big difference. i have a 4x2 tent with a MARS 900w led light. i have tried to do everything the same as my first grow, but i do feel i have got off to some possibly insurmountable issues.

* the second set of three haven't had a temp swing on any night and have been in the 68-78 range their entire life.

if anyone has any thoughts or ideas, i would appreciate it. since these are auto flowering, i have no idea what will happen to them. if the cold shocked them, maybe they are stunted?

also, if anyone has experience with crop king, i wonder if it is worth it to reach out to them?
6 out of 15 seeds have been no good. 2 didn't germ in the first batch and one died small, and 2 never came above the surface and one shriveled and died in the second. but maybe it's me!

greetings!

i am just into my second set and i am having what i feel are going to be some (ongoing) horrible problems.

i dropped 4 crop king auto NORTHERN LIGHTS and 2 crop king fem WHITE COOKIES to germ and all 6 of them sprouted, but the 2 WC were a couple of days behind. that was on march 5th.

the 4 auto NL came up ok, but one of them was slow and never caught on. just sort of shriveled and died.
the 2 fem WC never broke ground despite having the same treatment as all the others. odd...

so i was left with three plants. as of today, they look pretty terrible. over a month old and they are tiny.

20170404_200203.jpg

20170404_200158.jpg

20170404_200150.jpg

so on march 26th, i dropped the last 3 auto NL seeds i had and here they are today.*

20170404_200058.jpg

20170404_200128.jpg

20170404_200142.jpg

you can see the ones that are about 10 days old look nearly the same as the older ones. i've used only RO water with a small dose of calmag. no nutes up til yesterday when i did the most basic GH.

i think i might have let the temp get too low a couple of times in the first few days or week. my first experiments were amazing! i started at the end of april last year, and i think that doing it at the start of march made a big difference. i have a 4x2 tent with a MARS 900w led light. i have tried to do everything the same as my first grow, but i do feel i have got off to some possibly insurmountable issues.

* the second set of three haven't had a temp swing on any night and have been in the 68-78 range their entire life.

if anyone has any thoughts or ideas, i would appreciate it. since these are auto flowering, i have no idea what will happen to them. if the cold shocked them, maybe they are stunted?

also, if anyone has experience with crop king, i wonder if it is worth it to reach out to them?
6 out of 15 seeds have been no good. 2 didn't germ in the first batch and one died small, and 2 never came above the surface and one shriveled and died in the second. but maybe it's me!
Ok to me it looks like the soil is way too hot for seedlings. Should start using a nuteless starting mix to germinate in and let them grow some roots before transplanting to hot soil.

hi, thanks for the replies.

the cups do all have holes in the bottom. the reason they are soaking is that they were literally fed and photographed.
i used a standard soak the soil until a bit of water comes out the bottom technique and these have been getting water every 2-3 days.

as for the soil. it's organic and has no nutes in it. it is exactly the same product i used in my last successful grows. so i think that might not be the issue. the plants have had NO NUTES up until the day the pics were taken and they were given a micro dose of general hydroponics. less than half of the recommended dose.

thanks again for the replies and the help!!

It would cause problems to soak down tiny plants like that in those size pots. When they're that small I just baby them by dribbling a few drops around the edges. They use very little water at that size and should never be soaked until they grow bigger.

I would expect with a plant to pot size ratio like that to only have to water once a week and then only just to touch up around edges. They really don't grow well in wet soil. Soaked every 2-3 days would be basically killing them or close to it. Hardly any cannabis in soil would need watering that often unless the pot is too small for the plant- which obviously isn't the case here.

I'm not a soil grower but I've never heard of an organic soil that contains no nutrients. (?) I thought it pretty much contained nutrients by definition.

so if i lay off the water and next time change to your style, do you think the first 3 can be saved? the newer ones are already
bigger than the first 3, so i hope they are ok. but i wonder if these, being auto flowering will be dwarves and never really
amount to much? the first set started to flower around day 40 and were done around day 100.

i wonder will they be stunted or might they eventually just catch up? (or should i just get more seeds and start again?)

thanks!!

so if i lay off the water and next time change to your style, do you think the first 3 can be saved? the newer ones are already
bigger than the first 3, so i hope they are ok. but i wonder if these, being auto flowering will be dwarves and never really
amount to much? the first set started to flower around day 40 and were done around day 100.

i wonder will they be stunted or might they eventually just catch up? (or should i just get more seeds and start again?)

thanks!!

No don't give up on them. Let the pot get light when you pick it up. Wait a week and see what they do, how they react etc.

hi, thanks for the replies.

the cups do all have holes in the bottom. the reason they are soaking is that they were literally fed and photographed.
i used a standard soak the soil until a bit of water comes out the bottom technique and these have been getting water every 2-3 days.

as for the soil. it's organic and has no nutes in it. it is exactly the same product i used in my last successful grows. so i think that might not be the issue. the plants have had NO NUTES up until the day the pics were taken and they were given a micro dose of general hydroponics. less than half of the recommended dose.

thanks again for the replies and the help!!

Does this organic soil have a name?

thanks!!

If they were photos then the sky would the limit, if you totally reassessed and revamped your watering methods and did more research into what soil you're using. But they aren't photos, and I don't think they have much chance. Depending on your local temps and RH, it will be another week or even two before the soil is dried out enough for roots conditions to be good again and start to rebuild. That still leaves the nutrient issue. So honestly, I wouldn't expect them to get very far under the circumstances. You may want to keep them to see what happens, but personally I you should probably start more seeds.

I have a current grow going with Crop king NL auto....check out my album....I didn't have a problem with them. I germinated in pellets and then planted them into pots......transplanted once. They are almost done. Also, this was my first grow in 20yrs and first round with auto. I've been pleased. They are sturdy despite me. :)

Back
Top Bottom