IGG Vertical 600w JD Lightings Digital Ballast Vs. Current 600w Digital Ballast

Re: IGG Vertical 600w JD Lighting Digital Ballast Vs. Current 600w Digital Ballast

Well Been using New JD Lighting ballast since i got it.....even as i don't have everything i need to do a comparative side by side grow i must say..I like everything about it so far....It does run a lot hotter than one i have with fan in it....but having no fan I guess it would be hotter :) Been running 110% setting for the past week straight and plants are digging it man :peace:
Here is Cripit Ready to clone...

DSCN4671.JPG

Re: IGG Vertical 600w JD Lighting Digital Ballast Vs. Current 600w Digital Ballast

Nice plant, she has some nice fat fingers. How hot is that ballast running? So hot you can't touch it? I don't know much about electronic ballast but the one thing I've read is that the ballasts with fans can fail, then your new ballast is fucked.

I was running two 600 Digital Greenhouse before, now one is my demo JDL.
Total heat is likely the same, but with no fan it runs a higher temperature.
The bulbs seem the same brightness unless I switch to 110%.
Growth counts, but I expect similar performance until one breaks. That's the question: reliability.
Maybe I'll get an answer in a few years.

"Nice plant, she has some nice fat fingers. How hot is that ballast running? So hot you can't touch it? I don't know much about electronic ballast but the one thing I've read is that the ballasts with fans can fail, then your new ballast is fucked."

Lumatek are sealed units, and are reliable. I can touch my JDL when hot, but not for long.
I've walked on hotter pavement in Texas, but not barefoot.

No ilikebike.... top of case runs about 120 degrees ....I like no moving parts....like WhiteHouse said moving parts = things that can go wrong.
Again it strikes me as being well built so something that should last..Like Propa Gator said time is only test to see reliability :thumb:

Remote ballasts are good because one can locate them remotely.
They can be in a duct, where their heat can be moved away with a fan.
Separate air in from a window, past the ballasts and out again, is time tested.

OK the JD Lighting Ballast has become the work horse in my stable...I run her 24/7 now...By day it runs MH bulb at 110% then at night it has HPS at 110%
Tried running in flower room but getting too warm without AC so for now ballast is being tested in this way. I am moving plants and leaving light in second Veg /mother room.
So right now veg girls are enjoying light....then shortly girls(about 8 of them) will come out of flower room and go under light(hps) for 12 :high-five:

DSCN4696.JPG

DSCN4717.JPG

Vantage
DSCN4726.JPG

DSCN47331.JPG

DSCN4697.JPG

DSCN4694.JPG

Cripit
DSCN4686.JPG

Jack
DSCN4704.JPG

Effing + Reps my friend. Yours is a grow I'll watch, and remember, and probably look back to even when its over. It's easy to see how well you have your environment dialed in, much to learn here folks:bravo:

Nice grow! +Reps brother! :thumb:

Ok Dude caught up on this. I noticed that Cripit isn't a producer unless ya give it acouple extra in the veg room. She is fast. I don't know if it wood make a good comparison grow unless maybe she'd make a big cola 'without' topping.
Alot of interesting things going on with vertical gardening. Utilizes space and energy to the max. Have you picked to clones for your test grow? Man you got alot going on rite now. I'm glad it's you not me. I seen alot of people use that white PVC sever pipe wyee's for vertical grows. Rock wool cubes shoved in the neck of the wyee stacked on another wyee and drains at the bottom. Drippers and a catch res on the bottom. Hey 15 years ago, I wood've tried building a panneled octagon room with a double cool tube running thru the middle. But now adays thats too much work. I'll tell ya this company has it going on for ideas.

OmegaGarden.com - Omega Garden Farmdominium - Vertical Farming
Well GL my friend I'll be looking in. Keepem Green

wow i see some major grows in this forum
im just wondering from how i see stuff packed all over and not just on yours but how you actually can move around your plants to do stuff?

:morenutes:

Hey Wood bro....well when i do the side by side i will use whatever i have around for clones and will just keep same age and size plants for each circle...Cripit don't strike me as good vertical plant...better to train it and throw it under the 1000 watt on light mover :thumb: I plan on keeping it simple whatever i do trust me :high-five: I do have a lot going on but look at how beautiful they are :morenutes:

:welcome: Cronichemphog Not sure about anyone else but it takes nothing to move a single plant to reach one in back...I never have a problem getting to any of them :high-five:

DSCN4734.JPG

DSCN47351.JPG

DSCN47371.JPG

DSCN4738.JPG

Blueberry
DSCN47391.JPG

Cripit
DSCN4740.JPG

AK-48
DSCN4741.JPG

DSCN47421.JPG

Vantage