I'm dumb - Need help with pH meter

TipsyTrichome

So I bought a PH meter and well I'm dumb and never learn to read instruction. Anyway, the calibration sachets no longer exist and I did not calibrate it. Is there any way I can calibrate it without? Does it matter? Do I just need to hit a new one (it wasn't expensive and I'm not in a rush).

Thank You in advance :)

If its a digital one, it should already be calibrated. At some point you need to re calibrate it after a number of uses. That's what the sachets are for.

So I bought a PH meter and well I'm dumb and never learn to read instruction. Anyway, the calibration sachets no longer exist and I did not calibrate it. Is there any way I can calibrate it without? Does it matter? Do I just need to hit a new one (it wasn't expensive and I'm not in a rush).

Thank You in advance :)

pH meters need to be carefully calibrated and maintained to work well. You must calibrate you pH pen to get accurate results!
Buy a bottle of pH 7.0 calibration solution and use that. (General Hydroponics brand is available at Amazon.)
Keep the glass electrode tip soaking in cal solution all the time for longest life and fastest, most accurate result. That's what the do in the lab.

Back
Top Bottom