Incredible bulk outdoor grow

Bingleberry

420 Member
Hey all, I was going to start my first outdoor grow (I now have enough land, privacy, and legality to do an outdoor grow), and was wondering if anybody has input on doing an outdoor grow.

I have “incredible bulk” seeds, and live in New England... I plan to grow in soil/planters.

My questions are: when should I plant the seeds (I’m thinking the temperature should average low 60s in the daytime, but I have no clue)? Should I germinate them indoors and bring them out once they have a few leaves? If I germinate indoors, how much light? Any recommendations on potting soils and nutrient supplements (Ive done dwc, so it is obviously a bit different than soil)

You could start seeds indoors now and plant outside within the next month. If I were you I’d only try outdoor there with autoflowers (and start them soon). I think you’ll be battling the cold, winter, and mold before harvest time if you go with regular photos. Just my $.02 from knowing a lot of dudes in New England who’ve gone this route. On a separate note, you’ll like the bulk, but I’d do it indoors.

You could start seeds indoors now and plant outside within the next month. If I were you I’d only try outdoor there with autoflowers (and start them soon). I think you’ll be battling the cold, winter, and mold before harvest time if you go with regular photos. Just my $.02 from knowing a lot of dudes in New England who’ve gone this route. On a separate note, you’ll like the bulk, but I’d do it indoors.
Thanks for the info, I’ve gotta check out your incredible bulk grow journal

If you live in an area with small rodents, like opossums, raccoons, squirrels, cats or dogs, I'd advise setting out some of your soil a few weeks in advance, to see if they "dig" at it. Small animals love fresh soil, especially soil that has a different smell than they're used to. You may have to safe guard from them.

When I was a young grower, I learned this the hard way. Little Bastards! Goodluck!

Thanks for the info, I’ve gotta check out your incredible bulk grow journal
Yeah, the first half is mainly me trying to rig up an RDWC setup, but the 2nd half has some OK content. Depending how you grow it, if you ever have any questions lmk and I’ll try to help the best I can. It produced a much better quality than I was expecting, so I think you’ll like it.

If you live in an area with small rodents, like opossums, raccoons, squirrels, cats or dogs, I'd advise setting out some of your soil a few weeks in advance, to see if they "dig" at it. Small animals love fresh soil, especially soil that has a different smell than they're used to. You may have to safe guard from them.

When I was a young grower, I learned this the hard way. Little Bastards! Goodluck!
Gross question on this - did you ever try and pee (and/ or pour urine) around the grow site? I’ve done that hunting and it actually kept critters away from coolers, not sure if it would work in this scenario.

Gross question on this - did you ever try and pee (and/ or pour urine) around the grow site? I’ve done that hunting and it actually kept critters away from coolers, not sure if it would work in this scenario.

I tried human urine and hair, "pest away" sprays and others. Worked great, for a day or so, but would wear off. I found, leaving the soil there for a week or so, their curiosity would lessen.

20190404_223113.jpg

Im in boston auto flowers for me sept will bring nightmare senerio every year.This is not northerncali our fall comes to early for most sativa plants to finish before the rain kills them from rot.And indica will still have a mold and powdery mildew issue plus moth worms outdoors . Take my word for it.
Very good to know... I got some autos that came with the incredible bulk seeds, sounds like I should do the autos outside and wait to do the incredible bulk inside, this fall, when my attic temps come down

Chong says pee to cheech only in movies do people use pure uric acid on there plants straight from the source.

I tried human urine and hair, "pest away" sprays and others. Worked great, for a day or so, but would wear off. I found, leaving the soil there for a week or so, their curiosity would lessen.
Thanks, I’ll try this... I fortunately I have a fenced off pool area that the plants can be in most days, and my dogs pee around the fence... just have to convince my wife that I’ll move them every time we have company

Thanks, I’ll try this... I fortunately I have a fenced off pool area that the plants can be in most days, and my dogs pee around the fence... just have to convince my wife that I’ll move them every time we have company
That spousal pressure, like urine, will also lesson over time :)

I’d recommend you add some calcium nitrate to your grow, especially if going RO/ DWC and even moreso if you’re growing under LED. I’ve noticed how many ppl have “cal-mag” related problems lately and I’m convinced it’s not really mag problems at all, but really calcium. I grow vegetables and my current bell peppers are showing me that I have a calcium problem. Tells me that likely existed during my bulk grow too, and I’m sure I sacrificed some yield because of it.

I’m currently making a deviation away from canned cal-mag supplements in favor of sea salt and calcium nitrate, and suspect it will dramatically improve calcium related issues (that’s the goal anyway).

I’d recommend you add some calcium nitrate to your grow, especially if going RO/ DWC and even moreso if you’re growing under LED. I’ve noticed how many ppl have “cal-mag” related problems lately and I’m convinced it’s not really mag problems at all, but really calcium. I grow vegetables and my current bell peppers are showing me that I have a calcium problem. Tells me that likely existed during my bulk grow too, and I’m sure I sacrificed some yield because of it.

I’m currently making a deviation away from canned cal-mag supplements in favor of sea salt and calcium nitrate, and suspect it will dramatically improve calcium related issues (that’s the goal anyway).
Since my indoor grow area in my new house is in the attic, I don’t have plumbing up there and would rather not use grow ops that require tanks of water or transporting tanks/buckets up and down the stairs. But I have never used soil indoors or coco (that’s a thing, right?). Any recommendations for making the transition to a solid grow media? I was planning on using regular potting soil for the outdoor grows, but I don’t know if something is better for indoors under leds.

I built an okay dwc system in my last house, which yielded a lot, but I also want something that is a bit more simple to maintain; hence, a desire to do a good outdoor grow to last me the year. But your recommendation of doing the autos outside is perfect, because it would allow me to up my stash to last me until an indoor harvest of the incredible bulk (which, like I said, won’t be plantable until my attic temps come down).

Back
Top Bottom