Indica and Sativa and trich colors question(s)

Indicana Jones!

Hi,

I'm high so please bear with me, and I hope this isn't a stupid question... I have been thinking about Indica's and Sativas and trichs and the harvest times. So here's my confusion. A "indica" stone is the classic mellow, lay out, couch lock, insomnia is not an option stone. A "Sativa" high is the energetic, creative, thinking, sometimes silly, fun, chatty..high. Hybrids mix these traits.

Now when deciding when to harvest my plants I have the option of cloudy trich's for a "sativa" high effect or amber trich's for the "indica" stone effect. A mix of clear and ambers will produce a mix of these effects.

So will a "sativa" strain harvested at 100% cloudy and a "indica" strain also harvested at 100% cloudy smoke the same? Produce a sativa high and no indica stone even though one plant was a indica by genetics? Ditto if both taken at 100% amber or 50/50?

To me it makes sense and then it doesn't.. cause then it wouldn't matter what strain you grew because you control the effects entirely through the harvest time?

Help..

Indicana.

yes and no.

the most influential part in deciding the effects of your meds are the genetics that you use.

for example, it doesn't matter how early you harvest your indica lady, she will not leave you feeling like a pure sativa, and vice versa.

the only comparison i can think of at the moment :)blunt:) is when cooking a steak. you can season a steak different ways and cook it using different methods, and each method may alter or change things (color, taste) a bit, but it's still going to taste like steak. there's no amount of seasoning that will make the steak taste like a fruit salad, because it's not.

i guess what i'm trying to say is the trich-effect method is more like seasoning on the steak, and the genetics are the actual steak.

i hope that helps
:goodluck:

Steak is a good analogy...
some prefer it rare, other well done, regardless of cut or seasoning. And no mater what you put on it, or how you cook it ribs will never taste the same a t-bone.

I was just discussing this exact thing with a collegue of mine. It was confusing to me as well.

Here's just a theory I had. Obviously Indica grows in mountains and colder climates, Sativa is more tropical and warmer climates. Therefore Indica flowers sooner, Sativa later.

Considering the trichome development stages and different highs associated with each: I thought possibly they're different in the sense of Indica has a larger window to harvest with the couch-lock high, as it usually finishes 8-9 weeks. Sativa has a larger window to harvest the soaring, head high, as it flowers 10-14 weeks. Not sure if that made sense, but just a theory I had when discussing this topic.

Back
Top Bottom