Indoor lighting/ grow tips

pharmaecopia

I have been growing outdoor for years so I know the basics such as light cycles and nutrients the only question I have is now that I am switching to indoor which light to use. I think I would like to go with a high powered fluorescent light.

my plan is to grow 3-5 plants in a space that is 4x 3 1/2 ft, in soil, I plan on cropping them to keep them short and bushy no more than 2-3 feet tall then budding the hell out of them. I just would like a suggestion of which light to get and where I can get it / order it. Also I would like someone to break down the differences between an HPS light and fluorescent, I would like to make sure I can do my budding cycle with the florescent that I choose, the main reason I want to go with flouros is because they are more energy efficient and are not as hot.

:thanks:

pharma, based on what you want, i would suggest a LED light, if that is not in your budget... then get 4 of the 42w 2700k CFL and get reflectors for each.

You know pharma, i want to argue against those lights, if your wanting to spend around ~150 then you might as well spend an extra 50 more and get a nice LED UFO. you will be glad you did.

If you cant spend that much, then i still stand by my 42w bulbs with reflectors.

Hey! 420 fam I am new to the indoor grow situation and I have 2 600w hps in a 10x12 area I was going to run offset with 1 600 and 1 1000 2 try to maximize the grow or maybe just adding 1000 to the 2 600 and make that happen would it be effiecient or a problem waiting to happen? can any 1 give me any advice this is my first go inside..thanks..

Figure for a minimum:
3000 lumens/sq ft for veg
5000 lumens/sq ft for flower

DD

I have a CFL set up. 1-200 w with a 42" shade and 3-26 w 6400k I also have 2-64w 4100k on 2 plants soon to be four in a 4x4x7 space surrounded in mylar.

First question, Is that enough? Its a total of 407 Watts.

Second question, Should i take the 2 4100k out? is that bad for vegging? they are about 3ish weeks old from seeds.

Third and final, I started them on the 18/6 cycle today from 24/7 did i just screw up?

Sorry if i thread jacked lol
Thanks
Stub

I have a CFL set up. 1-200 w with a 42" shade and 3-26 w 6400k I also have 2-64w 4100k on 2 plants soon to be four in a 4x4x7 space surrounded in mylar.

First question, Is that enough? Its a total of 407 Watts.

Second question, Should i take the 2 4100k out? is that bad for vegging? they are about 3ish weeks old from seeds.

Third and final, I started them on the 18/6 cycle today from 24/7 did i just screw up?

Sorry if i thread jacked lol
Thanks
Stub

Question 1: No. But you don't have to use that whole space. Keep them bushy under those cfls. Refer to DD's post above, and remember cfl's loose lumens in a very short distance.

Question 2: Yes. Take them out and replace with 6500k or 2700k. Nothing wrong with using a a couple of 2700k's during veg. 4100 doesn't have enough of the spectrum for our plants.

Question 3: No. There is a big debate on vegging time cycles. All will work unless you go 12/12 then flower will kick in.

whats up guys, i came through the thread and was wondering, if your gonna do all that just to save a couple bucks on electricity wouldnt it be easier to just get a 400 watt hps??? my first grow was with a 400 watt hps and it didnt break the bank and i got great results. cfl's just take longer and the bud quality goes down big time in my opinion. i partially veg with cfls but then amp them up to the big boy 600 hps i have now. quality over quantity. if your gonna do this dont hold yourself back. initial investment might be a little high but the returns are well worth it. just a different side of the growing spectrum. cfl vs hps. hps all the way :) happy growin

Back
Top Bottom