Infrared heat bulbs

I tried looking up some info, sounds like any light over 700 nm won't be picked up by the plant. Infrared is around 850 nm so it sounds like it won't affect anything but only experimenting and doing it will tell you for sure. I'd just invest in a space heater, it's easier and you can use it for other purposes besides growing

Thanks stealth, do you think the electric heaters with the orange glow would be a problem, even if I faced it in the opposite position as the plant? I'm also looking at oil filled radiator heaters but they are kinda big for my cabinet. I might just put an electric heater right outside of the cabinet by the intake vent. I'm using LED light so there won't be much residual heat when it shuts off, my garage temps are averaging in the 40 degree Fahrenheit range.

Thanks rifleman, that didn't even cross my mind. I think having the heater outside of the grow cabinet would be healthier for the plant anyway, (and safer).

I use a space heater and put it near the intake outside of the tent, still works for me. It has the fail safe where it turns off when tipped over, so I put it on top of a bucket, no way it can really cause a fire unless the wiring goes out or something random

I do the same I put a little heater outside my intake. Rifleman is right ab out the fire dept. Messing u r day up. My father in law is a fireman and turned someone in for growing......what a D-bag is what I thought when he told me. I asked him why he would turn someone in minding their own business, his response was...cause its illegal. This coming from a guy who speeds every time he gets behind the wheel. Speeding is illegal as well and kills way more people than cannabis has ever thought about killing. Some people are sheep's though. This same guy smokes a pack a day but judges pot smokers.lol

Back
Top Bottom