Inline fans

StimpLedNoTill

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the AC infinity inline fans? If not which is the quietest but will get the job done with a filter attached? I planned on getting a 6" with either built in speed controller or separate speed controller, but I read that the plug in controllers cause the fan to emit a loud buzzing sound lol kind of counteracts part of its use. I'm using led so heat isn't that big of an issue and I wanted to be able to turn down the speed to help get sound/temp/humidity in line. Thanks in advance for any input!

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the AC infinity inline fans? If not which is the quietest but will get the job done with a filter attached? I planned on getting a 6" with either built in speed controller or separate speed controller, but I read that the plug in controllers cause the fan to emit a loud buzzing sound lol kind of counteracts part of its use. I'm using led so heat isn't that big of an issue and I wanted to be able to turn down the speed to help get sound/temp/humidity in line. Thanks in advance for any input!
What size room? And you cant say I'm using LED so heat wont be an issue". You cant break the laws of physics. If you have 1000w of hps light pulling from your wall or 1000w of LED pulling from your wall the same exact amount of heat will be generated (1000w of heat)!
So any 2 light types of the same wattage do generate the same amount of heat. With Led though you can get by using a percentage less wattage light for the same end grow result that hid light would do, thus creating less heat.
I've never seen an external blower speed regulator create more noise than what would be the same exact circuit but placed inside the blower would make. When you think of it that way, it kinda sounds silly right?

What size room? And you cant say I'm using LED so heat wont be an issue". You cant break the laws of physics. If you have 1000w of hps light pulling from your wall or 1000w of LED pulling from your wall the same exact amount of heat will be generated (1000w of heat)!
So any 2 light types of the same wattage do generate the same amount of heat. With Led though you can get by using a percentage less wattage light for the same end grow result that hid light would do, thus creating less heat.
I've never seen an external blower speed regulator create more noise than what would be the same exact circuit but placed inside the blower would make. When you think of it that way, it kinda sounds silly right?

Thanks for the reply and you are right, it was dumb of me to say heat won't be an issue lol.
My tent is 4x4x6.5, using 630 true watts. The humming noise I refereed to with the external speed controllers is due to the fans ac motor where as the fans with built in controllers are dc or ec motors from what I've seen.

Thanks for the reply and you are right, it was dumb of me to say heat won't be an issue lol.
My tent is 4x4x6.5, using 630 true watts. The humming noise I refereed to with the external speed controllers is due to the fans ac motor where as the fans with built in controllers are dc or ec motors.
I gotcha now. You are right though, with 630 actual watts you will have no problem controlling heat.
To be honest, I've never seen a 6" exhaust blower running a DC motor. That would be pretty high amperage when a simple ac motor would be much safer IMO.

I gotcha now. You are right though, with 630 actual watts you will have no problem controlling heat.
To be honest, I've never seen a 6" exhaust blower running a DC motor. That would be pretty high amperage when a simple ac motor would be much safer IMO.

Yes not really worried about heat as much as I am sound. Was hoping someone had experience with an ac infinity fan but probably just going to try my luck at it and see. My grow room is right next to my living room and bedroom so trying to get as quiet as possible without effecting air quality.

Yes not really worried about heat as much as I am sound. Was hoping someone had experience with an ac infinity fan but probably just going to try my luck at it and see. My grow room is right next to my living room and bedroom so trying to get as quiet as possible without effecting air quality.
I know there are plenty of users of the Infinity line here. I see it all the time. Someone will chime in.

I switched from Hydro Crunch 410 CFM 6 in. Centrifugal Inline Duct Fan to AC Infinity CLOUDLINE S6.

I have been pretty happy with the AC Infinity. It is definitely a lot quieter and it uses less electricity which is nice since mine is on 24/7

Phresh filters I think do a silenced fan like mine 6" brushless variable speed fan in a noise reducing body full of accoustic foam.
Fan speed controller can be mounted away from fan.
Only brushless motors wont hum on a speed controller, brushed motors have problems.
They also cost less to run.

I have built my own silenced fans but truth is, most of the noise is in the ducting....directly after the fan...wrap it in blankets and see the noise dissappear.

I switched from Hydro Crunch 410 CFM 6 in. Centrifugal Inline Duct Fan to AC Infinity CLOUDLINE S6.

I have been pretty happy with the AC Infinity. It is definitely a lot quieter and it uses less electricity which is nice since mine is on 24/7

I agree, the AC Infinity Cloudline S6 is a great fan
96D97C9D-3F36-4DAA-B9A1-BD21E9761328.jpeg

I have had mine for a little over a year now. It runs continually I use the temp controller as well, it's really nice.

The hyper fans are capable of a higher static pressure that was the biggest deciding factor for me.

As far as noise the fans themselves are both super quiet, the ducting and air movement will make far more noise than either fan actually generates. With the temp controller it slows the fan down during cool periods ie lights off. I don't hear mine running at night and it is directly under my bedroom ducted into the return air trunk.

I don't put much stock in any warranty personally. But for the sake of argument a 5 year warranty on an electric motor that gets used in high humidity situations is a really long warranty. AC infinity only offers a 2 year seems standard enough. I wouldn't get too worried about it.

The hyperfan is much more durable than the Tline fans. They use a metal housing with integral metal mounting brackets. The AC infinity used a plastic fan housing and some really funky clips that made installing and removing it more difficult than it should have been.

The hyperfans are not cheap and do not include the temperature speed controller I run a very low budget operation and if mine ever failed I would use every available resource to purchase another one. I know there are more than a few people that are very happy with their AC infinity fans so your in good shape whichever way you go.

I have had mine for a little over a year now. It runs continually I use the temp controller as well, it's really nice.

The hyper fans are capable of a higher static pressure that was the biggest deciding factor for me.

As far as noise the fans themselves are both super quiet, the ducting and air movement will make far more noise than either fan actually generates. With the temp controller it slows the fan down during cool periods ie lights off. I don't hear mine running at night and it is directly under my bedroom ducted into the return air trunk.

I don't put much stock in any warranty personally. But for the sake of argument a 5 year warranty on an electric motor that gets used in high humidity situations is a really long warranty. AC infinity only offers a 2 year seems standard enough. I wouldn't get too worried about it.

The hyperfan is much more durable than the Tline fans. They use a metal housing with integral metal mounting brackets. The AC infinity used a plastic fan housing and some really funky clips that made installing and removing it more difficult than it should have been.

The hyperfans are not cheap and do not include the temperature speed controller I run a very low budget operation and if mine ever failed I would use every available resource to purchase another one. I know there are more than a few people that are very happy with their AC infinity fans so your in good shape whichever way you go.

I appreciate the insight. I'm using a 4x4 tent and only 630 Watts of led so I figured the 6" hyper fan even on the lowest speed (roughly 100cfm) would be too much and being able to reduce a fans speed further would help dial in better temp/humidity. I agree the hyper fan is probably built much better than the infinity. Do you mind if I ask which temp controller you use? I am extremely interested in having a temp/humidity controller but idk which is good and yours sounds like a proper one instead of the ones that just completely shut off/on the unit.

It's the hyperfan branded one. It only works with the hyperfans. The AC infinity do the same thing using a pwm signal and variable DC voltage to drive the motor. Hyperfans use ac current and multipole motors. Hyperfans have a better motor technology it generates more torque and there is no energy loss changing to DC current.

The AC infinity controllers are nicer to look at they use a visually appealing LCD screen. I think the newest models provide some sort of humidity setting but the version I had did not. I can increase my minimum fan speed to decrease night time humidity or decrease it to increase humidity.

I run 2 4x4 tents packed to the walls on one 8in hyperfan.

It's the hyperfan branded one. It only works with the hyperfans. The AC infinity do the same thing using a pwm signal and variable DC voltage to drive the motor. Hyperfans use ac current and multipole motors. Hyperfans have a better motor technology it generates more torque and there is no energy loss changing to DC current.

The AC infinity controllers are nicer to look at they use a visually appealing LCD screen. I think the newest models provide some sort of humidity setting but the version I had did not. I can increase my minimum fan speed to decrease night time humidity or decrease it to increase humidity.

I run 2 4x4 tents packed to the walls on one 8in hyperfan.

And I assume you have your temp/humidity dialed in to a good VPD? I see your dual filter setup in your pic, looks sick. Do you have your humidifier/ac/heater etc right in the tents? I'm starting to get worried because I'm going with 4x 15 gallon pots in my 4x4 so I won't have room for any t/h appliances right inside the tent...im hoping to be able to apply them from outside the tent. Do you see that being possible?

My Avatar pic was actually an earlier dual chamber in one closet design. I ran it that way for a harvest and then bought two 4*4 tents that have 9 plant DTW setups each. I track temp and humidity inside the tents and the room using a 5 channel graphing weather station.
All I have inside the tent is lights, a couple 8" circ fans and the filter. I only use a dehumidifier during lights off, it sits outside the tents, turns on an hour before lights off and off an hour after lights on. Its set for 40% tents usually only get up to ≈53% over night and run 40-60% during the day.

The first link in my signature actually has everything I've done to all my rooms in it it's also where I keep my current grows journaled at. I have a portable AC I'm going to build a custom plenum for and use that as an air handler for both tents at some point. Need more $ for parts before I get any further. I prefer to condition the space outside the tents and pull that into them versus trying to keep the equipment inside

Back
Top Bottom