Intake & Air Filtration Questions

ThcHemplar

420 Member
Now that recreational use and cultivation is legal in my state I recently decided to start my first grow. So far things seem to be going well granted I really should upgrade my tent to something bigger. Anyways, I do at least have a Carbon filter set up and sealed off blowing out the window, but I was just curious about a fresh air intake. I don't have a lot of space so my tent is currently set up in my room where I tend to toke/vape all day and I feel like most of it gets filtered through the tent vs. sucked out by my window fan. So I guess my question is is that's harmful to the plants? Should I buy a second carbon filter/fan to blow "fresh"air into the tent? Or some other option I haven't thought of yet? I mean I can pull fresh air in from outside for the moment but with spring approaching I wasn't sure how the plants would react to all the natural pollen in the air and by summer I would need a new plan anyways. I'm just trying to keep everything as clean and healthy as possible.

in my room where I tend to toke/vape all day and I feel like most of it gets filtered through the tent vs. sucked out by my window fan. So I guess my question is is that's harmful to the plants?

The smoke, you mean? Grab a paper towel, take a big hit, and exhale through the paper towel. Imagine the tiny stomata (pores) on your plants' leaves - and just how well they don't work when coated with what you just added to the paper towel.

Should I buy a second carbon filter/fan to blow "fresh"air into the tent? Or some other option I haven't thought of yet?

Such as smoking somewhere else? :rolleyes:

I was looking for more of a real solution to my problem such as if i need an air purifier... if it were as simple for me to "smoke somewhere else" I would not be here. But thanks anyways.

I'd set it up to pull air in from outside-cannabis or hemp pollen is the only pollen you need to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom