Iron Deficiency: Help a Brother Out!

SendWaves

Flowering week 6 begins tomorrow and for the last couple days I've been dealing with what I now think is an iron deficiency. It's effecting one specific section of the plant, on new sugar leaves from the buds. The leaves in question appear more yellow moving up towards the tip, with the brightest and most prominent "highlighter" yellow radiating from the very edges of the sugar leaves. Some of the effected leaves show brown, upward curling tips.

The reason I believe it's an iron deficiency is because I water with distilled water. I'm pretty sure Lloyd and Harry built the pH meter I'm using. MOCK. YEA. ING. YEA. BIRD. YEA.

My light is a Mars TS1000 hanging 15 inches above the effected area in a 2x2 tent. I'm growing in soil, feeding with Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, B52 and supplementing CalMag + I take 3 RH and temp readings a day and have all my ppm and pH data from the beginning of the grow (click on my first grow journal in the signature).

Can someone help a brother out? If I'm right and this is an iron deficiency what is the best way to treat it? Yesterday I switched to tap water from distilled. I'm not opposed to flushing the soil but I want to avoid that at all costs.
15900275870701602120693363790488.jpg

Underneath effected sugar leaf

15900276621364822251145227886186.jpg

if you carefully read the Fox Farm feeding instructions you have surely noticed the advice to flush periodically. You are now seeing why that is. I see a potassium deficiency here, that shouldnt be here with the nutes and supplements you are giving. I don't see iron deficiency... it starts from the center of the growth outward, this with the elongated cannibalization of the leaf tips, appears to be potassium. That means nothing however, because you are giving it.

I am convinced that I am looking at a classic FF salt lockout. Do a proper 3x the container flush and get those salts and built up nutrients washed out of that soil. Then, do exactly what you have been doing, feed/water/feed/water, all the way to the end.

Flowering week 6 begins tomorrow and for the last couple days I've been dealing with what I now think is an iron deficiency. It's effecting one specific section of the plant, on new sugar leaves from the buds. The leaves in question appear more yellow moving up towards the tip, with the brightest and most prominent "highlighter" yellow radiating from the very edges of the sugar leaves. Some of the effected leaves show brown, upward curling tips.

The reason I believe it's an iron deficiency is because I water with distilled water. I'm pretty sure Lloyd and Harry built the pH meter I'm using. MOCK. YEA. ING. YEA. BIRD. YEA.

My light is a Mars TS1000 hanging 15 inches above the effected area in a 2x2 tent. I'm growing in soil, feeding with Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, B52 and supplementing CalMag + I take 3 RH and temp readings a day and have all my ppm and pH data from the beginning of the grow (click on my first grow journal in the signature).

Can someone help a brother out? If I'm right and this is an iron deficiency what is the best way to treat it? Yesterday I switched to tap water from distilled. I'm not opposed to flushing the soil but I want to avoid that at all costs.
15900275870701602120693363790488.jpg

Underneath effected sugar leaf

15900276621364822251145227886186.jpg
Listen to her then. She kno s what's up. Flush em

if you carefully read the Fox Farm feeding instructions you have surely noticed the advice to flush periodically. You are now seeing why that is. I see a potassium deficiency here, that shouldnt be here with the nutes and supplements you are giving. I don't see iron deficiency... it starts from the center of the growth outward, this with the elongated cannibalization of the leaf tips, appears to be potassium. That means nothing however, because you are giving it.

I am convinced that I am looking at a classic FF salt lockout. Do a proper 3x the container flush and get those salts and built up nutrients washed out of that soil. Then, do exactly what you have been doing, feed/water/feed/water, all the way to the end.

Heard that. Will flush in the am and update in a few days.

@Emilya I'm growing in a 5 gal pot. 12 hours ago I flushed her with 15 gallons of tap water, pH reading 6.5 out of the faucet.

Reference material estimates Nigerian Sunshine needs 9 weeks in 12/12 for optimal harvest. My trichomes say otherwise, almost all have gone from clear to white under the 30x magnifier and amber pistils cover every bud. I might treat this flush as the final flush, harvesting in 2 weeks. I'll continue to see what story the triches tell.

Historically she's responded to any changes I've made very quickly, so tomorrow I'll take some pics for comparison. Thanks again for the advice, I owe you one.

Back
Top Bottom