lyricbaritone

Anyone out there used or use the newer Marshydro reflector series lights notice the lack of diversity n the color when looking at the LEDs? I think Im seeing green LEDs. And I don't seem to think it is what Marshydro is advertising. I also don't see the white LEDs. I asked in an email for the color ratios and I was told that its a trade secret. My thought is; "Really?"

Yup, actually it's NOT a trade secret. :laughtwo:
It is however simple science.

2 areas of light frequency that plants use 99% of are in the 400-450nm range = Blue 570nm - 680= orange red - deep red.

Green light is reflected from the leaves. White LEDs are fine but they too have a green component as they work on the RGB method.

combining Red and blue emitters then adding high power White Xlamp crees would make for a very powerful setup.

Yup, actually it's NOT a trade secret. :laughtwo:
It is however simple science.

2 areas of light frequency that plants use 99% of are in the 400-450nm range = Blue 570nm - 680= orange red - deep red.

Green light is reflected from the leaves. White LEDs are fine but they too have a green component as they work on the RGB method.

combining Red and blue emitters then adding high power White Xlamp crees would make for a very powerful setup.
Look up the mccree curve, plants do in fact use green light.
It is beneficial, and not just a little.

:circle-of-love:Hi, lyricbaritone, the spectrum we use is 440nm, 460nm, 630nm ,660nm,730nm(IR), 2700k-3000k. We don't install green leds. Maybe it's a light mix and seems to be green to the eyes. We do install white leds. It's easy to tell them. The leds color is yellow when the light is off.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom