Is it ok to defoiliate a bit in flower

bobulak

Hey everyone

Is it ok to remove leaves off a flowering plant to try to get more light to other bud sites? I have a Vanilla kush that looks like it belongs in a jungle. I want to clip some of the fan leaves off to expose more of the bud sites to light. She has plenty to spare. Can this be done safely? Im at about 29 days at 12/12.

Thanks

IV always plucked a few here and there during flowering, didnt notice any adverse affects........:peace:

I've done just that with my current grow, and the yield has increased. Same conditions over 2 grows, in coco. I also top & LST them heavily, so they get a good "width". I don't do them all at once... the early ones I take off are the ones getting no light. then the ones near the bottom, and any others that are blocking the lower buds. Because of the LST'ing, my plants are shorter, bushier, and wider.Plants are never more than 24".

Hope that helps. It does stall the plant a little, but it's worth it. If buds don't get the light, they're wasted energy for the plant.

The SToke

I do it .... I normally take off everything on the lower 3rd of the plant. It sends more energy farther up the plant. But, this time around I decided to defoliate one of my plants. I took off almost all the fan leaves. I heard this creates enormous buds. I can't say whether or not it is effective. But, if you want to follow along and find out, check out my 2nd grow journal.

defoliating works but its an advanced technique that needs to be done and timed correctly. If ur new to growing id just pick of just enough to light light penetrate. i defoliate heavily but i prep plants throughout veg and add correct recovery nutes. dont go crazy but definately open up so light can penetrate.

Thx for the help guys. I took off a bunch of the fan leaves off and guess what i found..... a hell of alot of bud that i didnt even know was there. All of it was hidden under hand sized fan leaves. Thanks again for your help

Back
Top Bottom