Is it time to up-pot?

did you do a test bro? im here to help
So finally did the test now that I’m off work. What I did was, kind spaced on what you said about straight water, but I PH’d to 6.65 then tested the PPM in the water got a reading of 56. Then I watered like you said with 250ml at a time till I seen one or two drops. I let it sit for a few minutes to let any “cracks” in the soil to fill up and I started watering again. It took about another cup and a half till I started getting more run off. Watered till I got about a half of a cup of run off tested it. PH came out at 6.3, but the ppm was very high almost 3000. Then tested the NPK with those little tubes got high N high P and midium-low K. So definitely going to just water for a few weeks now on all of my plants. Thanks for pushing me to doing that test. Now should I keep watering to run off on my 1 gallon pot and just regular water in my 5 gallon pots?

Edit: again thanks man you definitely opened my eyes to using a more accurate way to find out what’s wrong with my plants!

So finally did the test now that I’m off work. What I did was, kind spaced on what you said about straight water, but I PH’d to 6.65 then tested the PPM in the water got a reading of 56. Then I watered like you said with 250ml at a time till I seen one or two drops. I let it sit for a few minutes to let any “cracks” in the soil to fill up and I started watering again. It took about another cup and a half till I started getting more run off. Watered till I got about a half of a cup of run off tested it. PH came out at 6.3, but the ppm was very high almost 3000. Then tested the NPK with those little tubes got high N high P and midium-low K. So definitely going to just water for a few weeks now on all of my plants. Thanks for pushing me to doing that test. Now should I keep watering to run off on my 1 gallon pot and just regular water in my 5 gallon pots?

Edit: again thanks man you definitely opened my eyes to using a more accurate way to find out what’s wrong with my plants!
hey sorry for late reply, right? so much better being able to know!!! so yea i would flush those out with like 4L of water or what ever it takes to bring down ppm to 2000 but you probably will be fine buddy. Now that you know how to check like a pro you can now adjuat accordingly to maintain a perfect medium all the time:)

happy to hear your passionate, me as well:)

There doing good I’ve only watered the newest seed so far because she’s in coco right now. But today they’re all going to get watered. Going to do the ppm test again today and going to see how her numbers are doing now. Might not see too dramatic of a change due to the organics breaking down more but fingers crossed

hey buddy how was the test?
It’s still about the same. 125 PPM went in at 6.6, with 2950 at 6.18 out. At least higher ppm went in with less coming out so that’s a good step forward. But I ran an extra cup or two of water through it to try and flush out at least a little bit more. Guess it’s going to be a while before it comes down to a more suitable range. But the growth is going nicely after the topping. She’s a bushy little bugger about 9” tall with 8 nodes so far and 2 of them are after the topping (making 4 nodes)

Attachments

• 2B6B527C-5FE6-4E88-BAF2-A885A40A4A83.jpeg
    2B6B527C-5FE6-4E88-BAF2-A885A40A4A83.jpeg
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 52
**edit: now example
hey ok, that will come down. You should water with ph 7 each time you water til run off reaches 6.4-6.5 (ideal) then 6.6-6.7 to try and keep a consistent 6.5-6.6!!

The medium is a bit high in food but ph is a bit low, i imagine when adjusted, being able to eat more may be a bit much in some minerals so maybe just continue with 6.6-6.7 and within 2-3 weeks should be golden at 2000 or lower!

I like to stay in 1500-2000 run off range at 6.5-6.7 in soil:)

That biggest one could be flushed with 6.6-6.7 til run off is 2000 or less, was it at 2950? id do that next time it needs water. water grass or garden with the flushed run off water, it will be okay but could speed things up:)

edit: looks better actually in this photo compared to the one you sent me earlier:p

Back
Top Bottom