Is there an adapter for this?

properdoodles

I got this 600w system for cheap off of ebay and wanted to upgrade to an air cooled hood:
600 Watt Electronic Ballast HPS & MH Hydroponic Grow Light Kit - GYO Supplies

So I got the xtrasun 6" for cheap from my local hydro shop. They sold it to me for 60 bucks. Thats a great deal and I was real excited and I neglected to check out the cord set. Well the xtrasun has some kind of 3 prong plug I've never seen before.

I can find adapters to hook it up to a lumatek, but I cant seem to find an adapter that hooks into this regular type ballast. any thoughts? help.
:thanks:

I don't know much abouts these things.

Both cords use the same three wires. Black white and green. Does that mean they are compatible and just use different plug types? They are pumping the same voltage or whatever?

Does anyone know what of plug that is that xtrasun uses? Ifi had a name it might be easier to find an adapter.

Here is the two cords that need to play.

you need this...very handy 9.95
Hydrofarm - Hydrofarm BAASP Plug Adapter Brand S
009245.JPG

I don't know much abouts these things.

Both cords use the same three wires. Black white and green. Does that mean they are compatible and just use different plug types? They are pumping the same voltage or whatever?

Does anyone know what of plug that is that xtrasun uses? Ifi had a name it might be easier to find an adapter.

Here is the two cords that need to play.

Those are some odd plugs. The one on the right looks to be a standard computer power plug. I would just be tempted to go to the hardware store and pickup a new male and female plug and rewire. Its all color coded so as long as you put them together color coded they'll work fine. You'll want a 15 amp or higher apliance plugs.

Here's the ones I'd use.
PHP:
https://www.homedepot.com/Electrical-Outlets-Plugs-Plugs-Connectors/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xh8Zbodr/R-100180947/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
PHP:
https://www.homedepot.com/Electrical-Outlets-Plugs-Plugs-Connectors/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xh8Zbodr/R-100202254/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Thanks everyone. I'm going for the rewire.

So there is no concern about these plugs being different voltages? I can verify that the ballast plug 120v, but the reflector has no indication of what voltage the cord is. I know nothing about electricity obviously ;)

Back
Top Bottom