Is this a great trick for better yield?

greencow

Hy guys,i recently talked with an old man who shared a secret on how to get bigger yield,so here it is:he says that if you cut the first 5-10 mm of your buds in week 6 of flower this will make them fat and more compact.
What do you think? maybe some expert growers have any ideea..

interesting ,but i doubt in week 6 of an assumed 8 week flower period it would do anything.
most plants in the sixth week of flower slow down in visual growth and spend the next fortnight getting heavier with resin.
perhaps if done in week 3 or 4 it may affect them positively:)

Never heard of this... I've pulled of the tiny shit buds at the bottom of the plant then the pLant uses more energy fattening up the buds is does have.

He was calculating 6th week of a 10 week photoperiod..so if you have a 8 week photoperiod you do that on the 4th week,right after the buds are settled and already formed.

are we talking 10 weeks of flowering or 10 weeks total grow time?
if 10 weeks flowering time then she must be a sativa dominant breed,indica wouldve well over shot ripeness by 10 weeks in flower.

i'm talking about 10 weeks of just flowering..i never take for granted what the breeder says about the ripeness time..i always add at least 1 week over the time they estimate to be ready for harvest.what would be the correct super cropping method?

i'm talking about 10 weeks of just flowering..i never take for granted what the breeder says about the ripeness time..i always add at least 1 week over the time they estimate to be ready for harvest.what would be the correct super cropping method?

to correctly supercrop you must break the inner herd of the stem without damaging the outer stem, between the nodes take the stem (soft to medium growth only ,not stiff woody stems)with the forefinger and thumb of each hand and massage the area to be supercropped slightly adding pressure as you massage ,then grip the stem with your fingers and thumbs and twist the stem the opposite way to each other slowly until you feel or hear a small click release the stem and it should now sit at a 90 degree angle to its original position ,as the inner herd repairs itself dominance is spread to other limbs which you also super crop, once it has repaired the part that carries water /nutes etc throughout the plant is now bigger and supply more juice to your plant, repeat the process a few times ,supercropping between nodes every few inches of the limb. she will get floppy until repaired but will have so very well fed fat nuggets.
this is only a breif explantion ,this technique is not for the faint hearted or those scared of torturing their plants.
and a lot of care must be used in this method.
a crap way of supercropping is just massaging and bending the limbs to 90 degree creasing the inner herd so the "knuckle"forms.
true supercropping is done the main length of the limb every few inches and inner herd broken correctly.
have a read on it.:)

grown plenty of dank mate and i never listen to breeders ripeness calculations either but unless shes a sativa mate ,any indica dom plant would have coverted most the thc to cbd at 10 weeks usually mine are at 15-20 % amber trichs at 7-8 weeks.

OK so how about this?
This is an old trick that says it will provide more thricomes and havier buds..

i have done this with nails and it worked well but be careful as ability to carry water up main stem is reduced massively until repaired around nail. buds were very heavy and could not support themselves.

I believe that the stress can make the buds heavier. My plant that went hermie had lil immature buds all over when it got stressed and hermied the buds got a lot more compact. I think pirceing the stem could help..although I wouldnt do it.

So it's true it makes the buds heavyer??? how far from harvest have u done it?

yes but for the same reason super croping works as you damage the inner hurd and once repaired it can carry more volume.
i only did it twice and it was at the flip i inserted the nail and removed nail at week 4 of flower once repaired.
i stopped because of high risk of plant infection and ruining grow because trying to reverse such infections can almost be impossible.
now i super crop my seedlings from 3rd node all the way through to week 4 of veg allow week 5 of veg for total recovery flip em and use stretch to fill the rest of my SCROG and get ready for the heavy weights ...a bit of work involved for a much greater reward;)

I believe that the stress can make the buds heavier. My plant that went hermie had lil immature buds all over when it got stressed and hermied the buds got a lot more compact. I think pirceing the stem could help..although I wouldnt do it.

it depends on the type of stress the plant endures as to whether it produces "stress" flowers.

ive read the plant produces thc as a form of sun block/screen , so would firing up the heat i n the last week or so help ? or even buying a sunbed light and getting uv in there fans off ?

im not quite sure really as to why it produces trichomes but my guess is to catch as much pollen as possible.
as to heating things up i say "nay" ,we are replicating nature indoors, in autumn temps naturally drop as the suns distance from earth increases ....this is only my opinion and method but i like to slowly lift the lamp away during the last week and a half about an inch every day or 2 and allow dark cycle to drop to around 20 degrees celcius.
in the last week i let the day cycle temps drop to 20 degrees celcius.

Back
Top Bottom