General Estimate of Yield By Veg Size

djdmaze

420 Member
Hey everyone, I am starting week 7 of veg from seed and was wondering about the general yield according to the size of the plant. I know this can vary by strain via its density and how it grows etc, but I have been reading this golden thread from @TheCapn who now seems to be a retired user of the 420 community. How vegetative growth time exponentially affects yield
I am curious as to this being the first time I've actually LST'd a plant fully through its vegetative state. I grew them christmas tree style in the past, so they are not as tall now and are very bushy due to LST. I read somewhere that even though I LST'd flat, I technically still have a 3-4 foot plant that is just flattened out. However, the canopy of the plants are wide but very short (like only 6-7 inches tall) I have a 4x2 grow cabinet and we can see one plant on the right (Gorilla Zskittlez) is taking up almost more than half of the grow space.
IMG_2047.jpg

The Zskittlez undergrowth has about 5 very large fat stems but a lot of thinner sized branching/stems. I don't know what this is gonna turn out like. Does anybody have an idea of what yield these are in comparison to plants these size, trained this flat? I was gonna let them go until 5/13, so giving them almost another week, they'd be in the start of 8th week. What do you guys think? Should I let them go a little longer?
Pure Kush (left) is a little smaller but she is naturally a indica possibly explaining the more compact nodes. I want her to branch out a little more but her growth is slower and I'm not sure as they're almost touching each other now. Btw I'm running dwc, 300 actual watts led for veg and planning for 600 actual watts for led flower
IMG_2048.jpg

If I had to give an estimate according to the Capn's thread, I'd say PK is looking like a 2-3 oz'er and Zkittlez like a 4-6 oz'er maybe. Let me know what you all think...

That was an interesting link you posted by the @TheCapn. I was wondering similar myself a few months ago, altho I grow outdoors in containers but you can't help wondering, how much bud does this plant's appearance represent? My plants I Quadlined/LST and supercropped so they were little more than 2 feet tall but the bigger one was nearly 4.5 feet across. They were in vege for about 4.5 months. I gave them the chop 2 weeks ago, they're still hanging up as whole plants so I will to find out myself in a week just what the yield is. There is a few ounces there but I have no idea what I'm looking at weight wise. Anyway, it'll be interesting for you what sort of yield you get compared to the estimates of TheCapn.

Welp it would be pretty hard to say right now. Would be much easier to guess after about 1 month into flower I’d say.
Can’t really tell how a plant in veg is going to grow in flower unless you have previous experience with the strain.
But as for the flip I would say it’s time. I grew my current plants 12/12 from seed

Back
Top Bottom