Is this a male or do is this a male?

Carbon

Check this out:
P10101632.JPG

I'm pretty sure this is a male starting to pre-flower, if you could confirm that to me it would be nice.
Now assuming that is a male and having in account that I have a beautiful female, that shall be ready on the end of this month, sitting right next to this one, should I take any precautions?
I don't want to chop off the male, has I'd like to collect the pollen to pollinate some plants on the next season.
What should I do to make sure my female doesn't produce seeds till harvest time?
Thanks in advance, best regards.

Side views show no sign of sexing yet, the only thing I was able to spot were those 2 thingys there (middle right above the center) that kinda looked like balls to me, mostly cause I see no hairs.

a185.jpg

I don't have side pics, neither I can take any decent ones now during the night, but I have this other I took, it may help further:
P1010164.JPG

Thanks again waiting on feedback.

Any ideas on how to proceed?
Do I need to do something or the pollen sacks won't be able to pollinate my female till harvest time?
I think the fact that this plants are outdoors (in pots) can be a problem in terms of avoiding pollination.
Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

This season I want lots of bud only, cause I only have one female. But this male had some characteristics that I really liked, therefore I'd like to use it's pollen for breeding on the next season (I heard I can freeze the pollen till then).
But if the risk of ruining this harvest is too high I rather don't do it and just chop off the male. I was assuming that the pollen sacks would need at least 3 weeks to grow and start releasing pollen, by then I'd be ready to harvest my female.
Also I'm not willing to invest money on equipment to keep the male pollen safely, I was expecting that placing the male on the bathroom window or some place with high humidity would solve the pollination problem, but if this kind of stuff doesn't work and there is a risk of ruining my female, I'll just chop of the male.
Thanks for the help so far, mind to comment my ideas?

This season I want lots of bud only, cause I only have one female. But this male had some characteristics that I really liked, therefore I'd like to use it's pollen for breeding on the next season (I heard I can freeze the pollen till then).
But if the risk of ruining this harvest is too high I rather don't do it and just chop off the male. I was assuming that the pollen sacks would need at least 3 weeks to grow and start releasing pollen, by then I'd be ready to harvest my female.
Also I'm not willing to invest money on equipment to keep the male pollen safely, I was expecting that placing the male on the bathroom window or some place with high humidity would solve the pollination problem, but if this kind of stuff doesn't work and there is a risk of ruining my female, I'll just chop of the male.
Thanks for the help so far, mind to comment my ideas?
if you like the male and want to keep the genes, then just take a cutting and put it in a small pot and keep it on 13 hours of light or more, that way you can keep it around and it will neither be too big to manage nor will it produce pollen =)

Back
Top Bottom