Is this bud rot?

sbga420

I am exactly 8 weeks into 12/12 and i just noticed this today. Is this bud rot or caused by root rot maybe? Or just bad leaves? Im growing in 1 gallon pots of FFOF and perlite. The sugar leaves are really thick and crispy right there

1662926723542.png

1662926795300.png

1662926827785.png

1662926872392.png

1662926910919.png

1662926975838.png

I couldnt identify any moldy patches. I picked off the cripsy sugar leaves since they were dead anyways. I think what I am seeing is sugar leaves that have turned brown and crispy and give off a weird dusty brown color. But upon closer inspection all I really see is trichomes on brown leaves. Underneath the bud looks good but the buds feel a little dry or hard maybe? Or maybe its just gettin dense.. I plan to harvest this one in about a week

I had this happen on my first grow I think. It's like the outsides of the buds started to get dry and crispy. I was worried it was nice rot too so I just cut them down early. I would be interested to see how it turns out for you.

Is it possible they got burnt or too close to a light?

UV light can show you the rot if present.
Your buds seem ready, did you check trichomes with a microscope? Dont let the bud dry on plant, reduces thc content.
Your leaves show signes of infection imho. (or could be mag def too, which doesnt matter in this phase).Root troubles and high humidity i suppose.
Chek the buds with a uv pen ( like those used for bank notes) before usage.
Good luck

UV light can show you the rot if present.
Your buds seem ready, did you check trichomes with a microscope? Dont let the bud dry on plant, reduces thc content.
Your leaves show signes of infection imho. (or could be mag def too, which doesnt matter in this phase).Root troubles and high humidity i suppose.
Chek the buds with a uv pen ( like those used for bank notes) before usage.
Good luck

Hmm will a black light work? I think the leaves had a deficiency early in flower, because since I started feeding flower nutes those spots havent got much worse. I don't have a microscope to check trichomes with. The best I can do right now is zoom pic with my phone camera. Not really helpful. I've got 13 plants in a little SOG setup in 1 gallon pots and about 20 cfl's around it. Today marks 8 weeks since 12/12. There are 2 plants, the ones that started budding first and vegged longer, that look like they are ready. All hairs have been brown for about a week now. It's just soo hard to see amber triches in these pics. I dont know if I will be able to

Is it possible they got burnt or too close to a light?

Its very possible they could be getting too hot. They are in the corner of my closet setup and get the least airflow.. and have a big 42 watt cfl over them. I did mist a few times, once with mighty wash, but I didn't spray the buds, and a couple other times with water because I released some lady bugs. But I never did soak the buds

I couldnt identify any moldy patches. I picked off the cripsy sugar leaves since they were dead anyways. I think what I am seeing is sugar leaves that have turned brown and crispy and give off a weird dusty brown color. But upon closer inspection all I really see is trichomes on brown leaves. Underneath the bud looks good but the buds feel a little dry or hard maybe? Or maybe its just gettin dense.. I plan to harvest this one in about a week
Did you let the soil go pretty dry? In flower it is delicate and may have started drying naturally then looks like a fresh watering brought some new green growth

Back
Top Bottom