Is this heat stress?

Rollb

Hello dear 420 community. I come to you today trying to solve this problem with one of my little girls!

1362616175142.jpg

Is this heat stress? if not what it is and how do i solve it?

Also im inviting you to check my journal and give your opinion :thanks:

re: Is this heat stress?

throw in some epson salt (Mg) + bloodmeal(N)-- top dress/water it in, your plant almost looks "see-thru" & pale looking... get em' a deeper green...
you'll get faster results if you foliar feed-- hit em' in the roots w/ a good drench too...Aloha!

Since the lower leaves look fine and the overall health of the plant looks great and you only see this problem on new growth, I'd say either the lights too close, the fans too strong/close or the box is too hot, but I can't say for 100% certainty without more info.

Thanks! You can check on my journal how is my indoor setup, so far is simple and cheap but we are working on it. And yes, the problem only shows on new growth.

throw in some epson salt (Mg) + bloodmeal(N)-- top dress/water it in, your plant almost looks "see-thru" & pale looking... get em' a deeper green...
you'll get faster results if you foliar feed-- hit em' in the roots w/ a good drench too...Aloha!

I've using Nitro on the water to help them green as much as i can. Also i have this problem about growing supplies, here in my country it's kinda hard to find that variety of products. Thanks for the help, i'll be updating.

I actually have a question about heat stress. My leaves are doing the opposite they are curling downwards. Thanks
Curling down at the tips or end of the fingers on the leaf?

Or, the edges of the finger are curling down like an upside down canoe so they like the opposite of what is in the photo in the first msg in this thread?

As @013 mentions, a photo showing what you are seeing would help.

Curling down let's see if I have a good pic.
Curling down like that is often called "clawing". Doing a google search using the key words of:
leaf tip clawing

That brings up links and the majority of them seem to indicate that the top causes of down pointing clawing include over fertilizing, especially Nitrogen. Sometimes there is mention that errors in watering can cause it or problems developing in the root mass in the soil.

Curling down let's see if I have a good pic.
IMG_20230723_214319_944.jpg
IMG_20230723_214314_687.jpg
IMG_20230723_214254_471.jpg

Is that fan blowing directly on your plants at all times or is it oscillating? These leaves have the tell tale wind burn appearance. This could also be a K problem. K can do this to the leaves and those necrotic tips can be an indicator. That fan and dry air can really increase the plants need for K especially in flower where it’s already increased. If it’s not wind burn I’m willing to bet Em is about to tell us K 😂

I’m gonna tag @Emilya Green and see what her thoughts are in case I’m missing elongation again 🤣

EDIT: I sure did miss the elongation the first time around, again, wtf lol

Is that fan blowing directly on your plants at all times or is it oscillating? These leaves have the tell tale wind burn appearance. This could also be a K problem. K can do this to the leaves and those necrotic tips can be an indicator. That fan and dry air can really increase the plants need for K especially in flower where it’s already increased. If it’s not wind burn I’m willing to bet Em is about to tell us K 😂

I’m gonna tag @Emilya Green and see what her thoughts are in case I’m missing elongation again 🤣

EDIT: I sure did miss the elongation the first time around, again, wtf lol
This time I see just the little triangle tip.. I don't see signs of K deficiency. It does look like heat stress or possible overwatering. Nutrition wise, things seem to be ok here. How hot is it in there, and how often are you watering?

Here’s a shot of the bottom of my plants last grow

IMG_5577.png
IMG_5576.png

It looks very similar to OPs leaves. This is wind burn. I had a fan blowing directly on these leaves constantly, no change in speed, no oscillation. This happens on every grow when I have FG make an appearance. I put a fan on and have it blow over the top of the soil to help airflow and keep FG at bay and the leaves eventually do this. If I don’t make any adjustments the leaves eventually begin to curl more, dry out, then fall off.

This same process plays out on any leaf that I keep a fan blowing at. The way to combat it is to either oscillate the fan or get one like the @VIVOSUN AeroWave E6 that has a natural wind setting that changes the intensity of the air flow to mimic wind.

We need more information from you OP.. Refer to Emilyas comment above.

This time I see just the little triangle tip.. I don't see signs of K deficiency. It does look like heat stress or possible overwatering. Nutrition wise, things seem to be ok here. How hot is it in there, and how often are you watering?
Gets up to 93° during day with lights out. Using smart pot so I water when it's light very light. I just did a big flush thinking maybe salt build up cause some lockout.idk that was a mother so had been in same dirt and pot for 9 months then uppotted and thrown into flower.

Ya no! It's not a tent as much as a corner of a room sectioned off. Three fans moving air around. Also east facing common wall so gets hot af by noon until sun is other side of house. So for now in the summer heat is an issue. I just want to make sure it's just heat stress and not other issues.

Back
Top Bottom