Issues with my (LSD) plant - Help!

420growguy

IMG_20150721_111252400.jpg

IMG_20150721_111150481.jpg

Hi i'm having issues with my Lamb's Bread Sour Diesel plant,
It was doing very well when i picked it up 4 days ago, since that time, I've been giving it a 1/2 gallon of water every other day & have been giving it 18/6 under a 100 watts, the outer edges of the leaves as well as the very tips of them are beginning to break away and crumble off, i am very worried, anyone with some experience please help!
-Dylan

:tokin:

Have you been giving it any nutrient or is there any in the soil which may be giving it nute burn?
Also- you may be watering too much. Cannabis does best with a wet - dry cycle. Meaning that it should be watered well, then allowed to dry out - to the point even where the plant is starting to wilt very slightly. I test when to water by lifting the pot. If it feels very light- as light as a pot of dry soil, then it's ok to water again. Sometimes I have to sprinkle small amounts at the top or edges if drying is uneven.

Not any nutrients yet, i just got the clone four day's ago, its only a foot an 1/2 tall,

The soil i'm using has "Forest products" "Sand" "Per-lite"
& "Compost".

I water the leaves with a mister 3 times a day to keep the leaves "so called healthy', but i can see by my outcome that's
most likely not the smartest decision to make at this point.
My flower pot which is containing the plant is always decently heavy to the touch.
I don't understand why this is beginning to happen because my "pineapple express plant" is on the same soil, same light schedule, and receives the same amount of care i give to they other plant, they only difference is, is my plant is thriving and this one is not.
Do you recommend not giving the plant any water for a while?
Or If the flower pot is very light do i water it until i have run off?

-Thanks
Dylan

:thumb:

Yes I'd recommend letting it dry out. Then you can water to run off. If it was a smaller plant I would not water to run off because the plant would take too long to dry out again. Ideally the wet-dry cycle should be about five days- not much more than a week because if they sit waterlogged for too long then they develop problems.
It's possible your plant is not liking the nutrients in that soil. Once in a while I get a fussy plant that shows problems even though it's getting the same treatment as everyone else.

How long would you recommend letting it dry out for? i gave it 12oz of water out
of a 12 gallon cooler that had been sitting out on my patio for two weeks
to let all of the chlorine in the water evaporate, & my "pineapple express plant" is thriving from it but, i'm not sure
whether it's the water, or the soil that making it unhappy.
Do you recommend transplanting the LSD into another pot with a different brand soil with other kinds of nutrients in it?

I let it dry just to that point where the pot feels light. Some people wait till the plant is drooping slightly before watering. I generally don't measure the amount of water I use.
It's hard for me to make decisions on your plant, and I don't claim to be an expert. So I'll just say what I would do if it was my plant. Yes I would transplant, if the soil is suspect. I'm not a soil grower so I can't help you choose a good one- but I'd say preferably one with little or no nutrient. A couple days after transplanting I'd start grow nutrients at 1/4 strength. It's big enough it should be getting some.
I mentioned the watering thing because you mentioned you were watering 1/2 gallon every second day, which sounds like an awful lot. The dying leaves don't look like typical symptoms of overwatering to me. Usually that gives me dropping leaves, with dark purple stems and leaves which are very brittle. But like I said I am not an expert and haven't seen everything.
Another issue to consider always is your ph which should be 6.5-7 - both the soil, and the water/nutrient solution that goes in and drains out.

Back
Top Bottom