Jack 47 - 300W CFL - Scrog - 100% Stealth - Hempy Style - First Time Grower

treehugger

I have decided to take the plunge and nurture my own bud to enjoy.

This is my first time and I have exhaustively researched all aspects of my grow but I'm definitely open to ideas or anything I may be doing wrong.

Strain: Jack 47
Pots: Planning on 2 Gal trashcans using the Hempy Pots Method
Medium: Perlite/Vermiculite - 3 to 1
Light: 300W CFL with Hood / 6500k Bulb for veg & 2700k Bulb for flower
Stealth Grow Box:Width - 26", Depth - 15", Height - 34"
Nutes: GH's Floranova Series Both Grow & Bloom during their respective cycles.
Water: PH corrected tap water after letting sit for a day to evaporate any chlorine.

I am building my SCROG out of PVC pipe. Still haven't decided on what string/wire to use. I looked at my local hardware store and bulk rolls of electrical wire or speaker wire are way too expensive.
I will be posting my progress for my own documentation in addition to any tips the veterans may have for a first time grower like me.

My cabinet. Still waiting on light and 4" Tube Style Carbon filter to come in. The holes at the bottom are for my 120mm PC fan for both intake and exhaust which will have 4" air duct to connect to carbon filter hanging from top and to keep light in on the intake fan.

tPWpS.jpg

Re: 300W CFL, Scrog, 100% Stealth, Hempy Style - First Time Grower

One of my first questions is do you think this space is big enough to hold 2 plants? My goal is quality not quantity. This grow is only for my personal use.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Re: Jack 47 - 300W CFL, Scrog, 100% Stealth, Hempy Style - First Time Grower

my concern is the intake and exhaust so close together,,you might not evacuate the whole box,causing a hot spot,,the size is small ,considering the distance from the light,once your plants start growing ,and getting taller ,,but i'm no rocket scientist, so that's just my thought, good luck :peace:..P.S. great job on the carpentry, recessed door and weather stripping

my concern is the intake and exhaust so close together,,you might not evacuate the whole box,causing a hot spot,,the size is small ,considering the distance from the light,once your plants start growing ,and getting taller ,,but i'm no rocket scientist, so that's just my thought, good luck :peace:..P.S. great job on the carpentry, recessed door and weather stripping

Even though the fans are close my plan is to use duct work to separate the intake and exhaust. exhaust will be pulling from carbon filter mounted on the top of the enclosure and intake will be pushing air in through a duct but will be located in the bottom of the box.

I can't believe my door idea actually worked. I am the farthest person from a carpenter you would ever meet. lol

Quick question. Any creative method for removing the water at each watering? I know I can put a tray underneath both the pots but with it being stealth and indoors I'm trying to brainstorm a way to force the water out in to a pan or tray outside of the box for easy disposal at each watering.

Finished Exhaust Duct work along with some wiring
Vgi7L.jpg

Finished my custom scrog in order to work around exhaust duct also. :)
x9eQR.jpg

Looks like my airflow design isn't going to handle the heat from the 300w CFL. I didn't know it was going to get THAT HOT!. With a single 45cfm intake and a 45cfm exhaust the interior is staying in the low 90s with a humidity of around 10-15%.

Solution: Add another 45 cfm fan to exhaust and see if that brings the temp down.

Wish me luck.

if ya could put the exhaust on top of the box, instead of trying to pull it out the bottom via the duct work, I think you'll be happier , the air flow will be smoother, in bottom, out top. And it opens up a little more room in the box, with the duct removed..:peace:

if ya could put the exhaust on top of the box, instead of trying to pull it out the bottom via the duct work, I think you'll be happier , the air flow will be smoother, in bottom, out top. And it opens up a little more room in the box, with the duct removed..:peace:

I'm thinking your right. I think the duct work running from the top to my 2 PC fans at the bottom was just too much for them. :-(

I broke down and ordered one of these b/c they are supposed to be low profile and great at dealing with static pressure.
Amazon - Soler & Palau S&P TD-100X Inline Duct Exhaust Fan

1667282441050.png

Since all my duct work is already done I'm going to see if that fan can handle the static pressure from the duct work. If not I'm going to move the exhaust to the top.

Thanks SFW88

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom