Jaga: My First Grow Journal

I just had to take a few bits of mould from 3of the plants.
I am hoping that someone has a good way of dealing with mould, outside in a sweaty greenhouse made from plastic?
Happy Shatterday Jaga, a couple of things. If you have a dirt floor you need to cover it with plastic or a tarp to help with the moisture coming up from the ground. It's hard this time of year to not have mold. Also running a fan can help to dry the the plants so mold has a harder time growing. Sulfur will help by burning it in the greenhouse. Amazon sells them or you can make your own. Mine is a ceiling light can, fixture, with a green flood light bulb and a can above the bulb to put the sulfur in. Plug in and you are filling the greenhouse with sulfur smoke.

Attachments

• 1003200916.jpg
    1003200916.jpg
    606.6 KB · Views: 15
I just had to take a few bits of mould from 3of the plants.
I am hoping that someone has a good way of dealing with mould, outside in a sweaty greenhouse made from plastic?
You need to try to get the RH below 50%, if possible, when in flower. If you can't get it below, get it down as much as possible. Ventilation (replacing the air in the tent/shed with fresh air) is critical and, if outside air is far above 50%, you may need a dehumidifier. Brother @BeemerBill had a good suggestion in also making sure any dirt floor, or moisture coming up from the ground is blocked. :thumb:

Happy Shatterday Jaga, a couple of things. If you have a dirt floor you need to cover it with plastic or a tarp to help with the moisture coming up from the ground. It's hard this time of year to not have mold. Also running a fan can help to dry the the plants so mold has a harder time growing. Sulfur will help by burning it in the greenhouse. Amazon sells them or you can make your own. Mine is a ceiling light can, fixture, with a green flood light bulb and a can above the bulb to put the sulfur in. Plug in and you are filling the greenhouse with sulfur smoke.
Thanks Bill, I have to get the changes in place ASAP.
I left the door open, there was a fair breeze at the time. I need to get some stuff together.
That was very helpful.
:thumb:

The only suggestion I have is try to get some air moving through there. But there is still some mold then that might move the spores around a bit and spread it quicker.

Probably best to inspect closely and remove the offending buds quickly. Sorry that I can't give a quick fix.
Thanks very kindly Magic.
I have more air flow going on. I had to cover the front, for the light leaving, but I just let it shine today, anyway no other sign of it last time I looked. :thumb:

You need to try to get the RH below 50%, if possible, when in flower. If you can't get it below, get it down as much as possible. Ventilation (replacing the air in the tent/shed with fresh air) is critical and, if outside air is far above 50%, you may need a dehumidifier. Brother @BeemerBill had a good suggestion in also making sure any dirt floor, or moisture coming up from the ground is blocked. :thumb:
Yep that humidity is a worry.
Screenshot_20201004-134459.png
and its going to be like this for a long time.
I need to get it sorted.
:thumb:

When I did the last post I was sure it was a little film with the maggot getting out of the leaves.?
Anyway I have not seen mould again. But I have been struck by the changes in the last few days, the leaves on 3 are going purple, probably because its so bloody cold here.
DSC_2751.JPG
DSC_2752.JPG
DSC_2754.JPG

The last picture is a Kings stash, but the other one is a gelato, but this one is still lovely and green and, thankfully no signs of mould.
DSC_2753.JPG

She was one of the plants that had a touch ><
Thanks very kindly to all for the help.
Gotta love 420
SoTissMe4Now Jaga@420 ✌️

When I did the last post I was sure it was a little film with the maggot getting out of the leaves.?
Anyway I have not seen mould again. But I have been struck by the changes in the last few days, the leaves on 3 are going purple, probably because its so bloody cold here.
DSC_2751.JPG
DSC_2752.JPG
DSC_2754.JPG

The last picture is a Kings stash, but the other one is a gelato, but this one is still lovely and green and, thankfully no signs of mould.
DSC_2753.JPG

She was one of the plants that had a touch ><
Thanks very kindly to all for the help.
Gotta love 420
SoTissMe4Now Jaga@420 ✌
Cold makes for some beautiful buds

:cheesygrinsmiley::straightface:
Cold makes for some beautiful buds
Howdy Bill, I really hope so, I have 3 nice sized ones with great buddage on them.
I think it's going to be a early chop for some,,,,but it has been a good year for learning.
For instance, I had a crazy load of black fly on the Blackberry Bush,,,, which I transported around the garden, blissfully unaware :rofl: until I noticed it. I had to use different soil,, some old used stuff mixed up with a super soil made @our sound organic dairy farm. :hmmmm:the problem with that was drainage, so I overeaterd them, that and an attack from the odd snail,,, I thought it was over :popcorn:But no the next thing was thrips, so I went through all my SNS still had them, most were looking yellow, and I was loosing hope,,,, until I started using a garlic spray (made it myself very easy) Since then I was flying. This morning I just had another mouldy stem!:straightface::straightface::straightface:
Still a few weeks to get to the finnish??
:tommy:

:cheesygrinsmiley::straightface:
Howdy Bill, I really hope so, I have 3 nice sized ones with great buddage on them.
I think it's going to be a early chop for some,,,,but it has been a good year for learning.
For instance, I had a crazy load of black fly on the Blackberry Bush,,,, which I transported around the garden, blissfully unaware :rofl: until I noticed it. I had to use different soil,, some old used stuff mixed up with a super soil made @our sound organic dairy farm. :hmmmm:the problem with that was drainage, so I overeaterd them, that and an attack from the odd snail,,, I thought it was over :popcorn:But no the next thing was thrips, so I went through all my SNS still had them, most were looking yellow, and I was loosing hope,,,, until I started using a garlic spray (made it myself very easy) Since then I was flying. This morning I just had another mouldy stem!:straightface::straightface::straightface:
Still a few weeks to get to the finnish??
:tommy:
Blissfully unaware, ill bet just about everyone has been that at one time or the other. You took care of it and you'll get the mold under control. Be safe my friend

buts, Them sure pretty in color. Looking good!

Argh, with the mould....
Argh, how many days left?
:goodluck:
:Namaste:
About 4 weeks :straightface:
This mould just hit my favourite plant,, its really doing my head in now.
But thanks Keltic brother, I was loving the flowering stage. Hey ho I think I have a couple that are still clear.
:Namaste:

Blissfully unaware, ill bet just about everyone has been that at one time or the other. You took care of it and you'll get the mold under control. Be safe my friend
Thanks Bill, I lost more today.
But I just feel like a winger at the moment. Like you said though I will stay with it, I think the humidity is going to drop off a little. :straightface: :Namaste:

And now I was hoping to be able put up my 2b2m tent next Sunday, but now I have to put that off until at least the 19th of October, flipping 2020 I was so looking forward to, a month of 420, then the new virus on the block came out and screwed up everything :ganjamon::Namaste:
Let's see what the morning offers, I hope not more mould. :thumb:
What can I say, TissMe4NowJaga@420 peace and don't forget the chips.

Lights went on normal time 7am just before sunrise now, but the could barely be seen :thumb:
I went out when the light in the sky managed to glow slightly through the endless stream of British grey clouds.
Previously I had been listening to the wind,,, well a bought 5:30 am,,,, that starts me worrying, the greenhouse will blow apart, :smokin:mind you the last blast of wind we had took off my nephews shed roof, so I relaxed and turned on the upstairs lights, after a coffie :hookah:(must be all this 420usa cause I was a confirmed tea head) I finally went to the greenhouse, poked in my head,,,,,,, expected the worst,,,,,,, but no sign,,,, all look fine :ganjamon:I fooking love you guys so much,,, I have a better air flow and its looking drier in there with the side windows open all the time.
FeelingGreatfullJaga@420
:420:

I thought just before the plants went to flower I would put one inside,,, I didn't expect the others to get as far as they have.
Anyway the plant had to get chopped down to make her fit,. I started to notice I'd also housed a batch of fungus gnats.
Boy they can do some damage :hmmmm:
This plant lost nearly all of her leaf and is yellow in places, but I still think she's going to be a bit sweet in her own battered way,,, I am amazed at how much bud she has.
DSC_2755.JPG
DSC_2756.JPG
DSC_2756.JPG
she' got lots of solid nugs and even her tops are doing some more fattening.
So I was cheered up a bit. Onwards and upwards. And top of the bud to you all
Its a fairly bright one here now. I dread the dullness of a British winter ><

Attachments

• DSC_2757.JPG
    DSC_2757.JPG
    775.5 KB · Views: 14
That wet weather outside is a breeding ground for gnats.. I'm dealing with some myself right now...... Is alot of home style ways of killing them shit like apple vinegar with a drop of dishsoap,, sugar water,, and a drop of dishsoap. and others.. I take it the soap mixed in 'sticks' them to the liquid. Always helps to take a fork and stir up the top inch or so,, depends on pot size, and turn up the fan... This ofcourse will increase the population of the bastards inside your home??? But if you girls are fine with no molds,, lettem grow as long as possible.. Once you remove the infected soils,, they die off quick when the food runs out.. Unless you got more food in the tent? But the best way to rid of them is keep stirring exposing them to light and wind. You can mist the top of the soil after you stir it with some sprays,, neem etc? Be worth reading up on.

But does sound like you got some buddage coming in?
Best my friend and Keepem Green

I guess I should take a picture with her outside her home :rofl: my eyes are bad but them pictures are crap.
So here she is.
DSC_2762.JPG
ouch ><
DSC_2763.JPG
DSC_2766.JPG
Gnarly isn't she ><
DSC_2767.JPG
she has actually got some solid nugs on her but I feel sick, looking at what I let happen.
DSC_2768.JPG
lowest bud and still nice and tight.
DSC_2769.JPG
After brining her out, I thought it was time again to look through the loop, and I was glad to see plenty of milky tricholmes and I think I saw 1 Amber on the lower bud.

I think it needed the pictures being deleted.

That wet weather outside is a breeding ground for gnats.. I'm dealing with some myself right now...... Is alot of home style ways of killing them shit like apple vinegar with a drop of dishsoap,, sugar water,, and a drop of dishsoap. and others.. I take it the soap mixed in 'sticks' them to the liquid. Always helps to take a fork and stir up the top inch or so,, depends on pot size, and turn up the fan... This ofcourse will increase the population of the bastards inside your home??? But if you girls are fine with no molds,, lettem grow as long as possible.. Once you remove the infected soils,, they die off quick when the food runs out.. Unless you got more food in the tent? But the best way to rid of them is keep stirring exposing them to light and wind. You can mist the top of the soil after you stir it with some sprays,, neem etc? Be worth reading up on.

But does sound like you got some buddage coming in?
Best my friend and Keepem Green
Thanks star, that's something that I can get done now.
All ways great to see you Woody and yer info as usual is a great help. :thumb: :420:

Back
Top Bottom