James' First - Soil - 300W LED - GSC - Mini Grow - 2016

JDPGrow

Hi all! So I have been stalking for a while but decided to create a grow journal for my first grow!

Little info on my setup;

I have a very small space to grow in, under a bench seat! Box size is 3'w 2'd 2'h , I have lined it with termawrap stuff, reflective insulation. I'm using 300W LED unit , have a 4" extraction fan at the top to vent out hot air and a 4" inlet hole. Potted in 1 gallon of soil, I used bigger pots and cut them down to half size to increase the room they have to grow (I hope this isn't going to be too bad for them! ).

I'm growing Girl Scout cookies auto feminised from fast buds, should take 8-9 weeks from sprout to harvest. Height is 60-100 cm, 22% THC and yield should be 500-650gr/m2.

I have had a little issue with getting my temps stable, it's fluctuating between 68-78 due to the cold weather (box is in the shed). Not sure if this is too much of an issue or not?

Initially I am just watering with bottled water and root nutrients as I believe their should be enough nutes in the soil.

I will be doing so extreme LSTing in order to keep the plant as low as possible, I have 10" of growth space before it gets too close to the lights. I'm really experimenting here to see if it is possible at all.

I germinated them in their final pots and they took about 5 days to sprout, man that felt like forever!

So far the only issue I've had was with algae, which I believe to have solved by waiting for water time so the soil was dry, taking the top 1/4" of soil off and replacing with fresh, then watering

I'm now on day 7 since sprouting and they're looking healthy! I'll upload some photo's when I figure out how to on iPhone! :)

Thanks for reading guys, all comments are appreciated! :)

Update with some photo's!
image18347.jpeg

image18346.jpeg
image18345.jpeg
image18344.jpeg
image18343.jpeg

Update with some photo's!
image18347.jpeg

image18346.jpeg
image18345.jpeg
image18344.jpeg
image18343.jpeg
Welcome. Congrats on your first grow. She is looking good. I'm working on mine as well, I will to help out as best as possible. Temps should be fine. From what I've read they can take a good bit of cold just no frost. Might slow growth if real cold.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Welcome. Congrats on your first grow. She is looking good. I'm working on mine as well, I will to help out as best as possible. Temps should be fine. From what I've read they can take a good bit of cold just no frost. Might slow growth if real cold.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Thanks for stopping by man! Good to hear about the temps, it doesn't get too cold in there at the moment.

A quick update! They're all looking good today, although I think I've started to see the algae come back so maybe I need to replace more soil next time.

DAY8
image18410.jpeg

A quick update! They're all looking good today, although I think I've started to see the algae come back so maybe I need to replace more soil next time.

DAY8
image18410.jpeg
You can try using a soil cover like pea pebbles or sand. I had the same issue too, I used sand a few times but every watering the sand migrates down into the soil so I stopped using it.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

You can try using a soil cover like pea pebbles or sand. I had the same issue too, I used sand a few times but every watering the sand migrates down into the soil so I stopped using it.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Thanks! I'll give that a go, the pebbles sound a much better solution :)

DAY9 update!

Man I love watching them grow, soil has started to dry, still moist so water time tomorrow, I'll add more bud candy then and possibly time to spray on the plant magic evolution ! I'll also be heading to the shop to get some flowering nutes :)

420-magazine-mobile1296967029.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Day 11 update!

So I had a very busy day yesterday.... I have been looking at more and more grows and decided it really was too much of a stretch to try and LST in the 10" of grow space I had and still get a decent yield, so the mini fridge got removed from my man cave and in its place is a re worked grow cabinet ! I now have an area of 600mm x 500mm x 800mm , which will still mean some LSTing to use the full area with 3 plants here's the new grow space ;
420-magazine-mobile1842472383.jpg

I think I may have an issue with Ph levels so I have a tester on the way here tomorrow! I'm currently using bottled water and advanced nutrients ph range.

Anyway, here's the Girl Scout cookie at 11 days!
420-magazine-mobile510714105.jpg

Day 11 update!

So I had a very busy day yesterday.... I have been looking at more and more grows and decided it really was too much of a stretch to try and LST in the 10" of grow space I had and still get a decent yield, so the mini fridge got removed from my man cave and in its place is a re worked grow cabinet ! I now have an area of 600mm x 500mm x 800mm , which will still mean some LSTing to use the full area with 3 plants here's the new grow space ;
420-magazine-mobile1842472383.jpg

I think I may have an issue with Ph levels so I have a tester on the way here tomorrow! I'm currently using bottled water and advanced nutrients ph range.

Anyway, here's the Girl Scout cookie at 11 days!
420-magazine-mobile510714105.jpg

New grow space looks good. Plants look nice and healthy. Keep up the good work.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom