Jimbory's SCROG - Cookies Kush & Utopia Haze Under LED

Jimbory

Greetings 420mag!:420:
It has been a while since my last journal, but I am glad to be back with some more experience and with proper genetics (or so I hope).

Let me tell you in short about my last endeavours:
My first grow, as can be seen in my sig, was a success. Out of six bag seeds I got 4 females, that were trained a bit with LST. they produced over 160 grams of bud (under 140 led and 180 cfl)

After that I decided to get my hands on some proper genetics.
I bought 3 barney's strains, as I am a big fan of barney's weed.
The strains are : Sweet Tooth Auto, Cookies Kush Fem And Utopia Haze Fem.

Last october I planted The first sweet tooth, I had a bit of a rough patch until I figured out the right feeding for the plant, being under fed, and over fed all through the grow, which affected the end result. Still, I Harvested over 50 G of bud.
one month into the grow I planted a second Sweet Tooth, which entered its final pot from the start, with that and with my newly acquired experience from the first one, I was able of Harvesting a brilliant Sweet Tooth with compact buds that gave over 70 G.

The Mrs and I were very happy with the strain - It starts by giving a nice fun high that puts you in a comfortable place, and finishes with a stoned medicating feeling that lasts until sleep (2 or 3 spliffs in). The smell and taste are great with a sweet citrus smell.

During The Auto grows, I was carefully planning my next grow, I thought about it for a while, And I realised that the best way to maximize yield is by Scrog. I had to figure out a few issues first, like how will I drain the water without moving the plants.
Plan of attack:
Utopia haze and Cookies kush were sprouted and topped between to 4th and 5th node. Utopia haze have shown a mutation, it is triploid! After topped, it grew three new sites instead of two. Scary and Exciting to see how it develops.

The Plants are going to be transferred to their final pots in a week time. The final pots will be 17 and 18 liters.

I have made an elevated netted platform to set the plants on so I could pump water out after watering the plants without having to move them. The pump is a hand handled pump that I bought off aliexpress.
Last night I finished building my net so I have that ready also.

My grow space and equipment:
Still with the DR60 tent

I am using my new MARS 2 400 LED lamp, and will be adding my 140W LED for flowering, with additional CFLs if the temps allow me.

Nutes: Still using the Bio Bizz series, and I am pretty satisfied.
Also using Epsom Salts.

Right now the plants are in veg. I will veg them until they cover aprox. 60% of the net.
They sprouted on the 23rd and 24th of January.

I have fed them twice, with light veg nutes, and yesterday with additional epsom salts. and they seem to be responding nicely.

I will upload some photos later.

Glad to be back here.
Happy Grwoing!

re: Jimbory's SCROG - Cookies Kush & Utopia Haze Under LED

Thank you for joining The bud king!
Here are the first shots of my setup and the girls.
You can clearly make the three heads on the haze.
I am also using a 4" fan connected to a carbon filter, a 4" fan pulling air from the outside and an additional fan moving the air inside.
I recently purchased a humidifier, but as of recently the rh is stable at 50-60%, so not much use for it.

DSC_07897.JPG
DSC_078810.JPG
DSC_078610.JPG
DSC_07859.JPG
DSC_078410.JPG
DSC_07827.JPG

The net, and some bud shots from my curing sweet tooth.
DSC_079210.JPG
DSC_079710.JPG
DSC_079813.JPG

re: Jimbory's SCROG - Cookies Kush & Utopia Haze Under LED

Hey there Bud king'
Well the girls were topped, so that probably slowed down the stretching, it does seem like it is shooting higher than the haze though.
Got a different problem with it, I am getting red rust spots spreading on its leaves. Any ideas to the cause?
I am using tab water, which is heavy, so I find it hard to believe that its calcium related...
DSC_080510.JPG
DSC_08047.JPG
DSC_080312.JPG
DSC_08019.JPG

some leaves seem to have been eaten a bit, though cant see any pests...

Thanks for the reply, PH? I haven't checked, as it has never been an issue, I am adjusting to ph 6.5 on every water or feed.
I will check on my next watering anyway.
As for the amino acids, well I am also using Bio heaven by bio bizz that should hold a lot of amino acids.
I wonder if it might be a result of smoke damage, cause we sometime smoke one in bed, and it's close by.
I will keep a close eye to see hop it develops.

Hello 420!
So I have done a bit of lst on the cookies kush as she seemed to stretch more than the haze.
I wonder if anyone encountered that before?
The haze looks much more bushy and packed, as I understand thats not really a haze pheno, is it?
Same goes for the cookies kush, As a kush i would expect it to grow much shorter and tighter... However there is a lot of internodial space compared to the haze.
I am getting worried that I might have mixed up the seeds at some point, however unlikely I find it.
what does the leaves tell you? is it possible to verify the seeds via the shape of the leaves? (sativa/indica)
The Kush after light LST to even the canopy
DSC_08064.JPG
DSC_08089.JPG

They Haze showing how tightly packed she is
DSC_08077.JPG
DSC_08099.JPG

Good weekend 420Mag.
Lots of Love:Namaste:

Update
Hello :420:
A lot has happened in the past week.
I have discovered the beginning of what looked like mold on my curing buds, so I had to take action immediately. I immediately took everything out and put in to quarantine (all those who showed symptoms). luckily they were really mild and we caught it, I think, on time. I soaked in a peroxide solution as i have heard that its suppose to kill the mold, and then it was quickly dried to dispose of the humidity. all parts that showed mold were caught off and tossed away of course before they were laid in the solution.

Not only that, but I have discovered on the same day what seemed to be powdering mildew growing on my utopia haze, so I took action immediately with a new H2O2 solution for foliage spraying, only I realized two days later that it was not going to be enough. I had to use a different substance, so my next choice was neem. I mixed up a neem spray solution according to the instructions given here in 420mag, and I started to treat the plants (both of them, just to be safe) every three days for two weeks. As I caught it early it seems to be under control at the moment, (three days after last signs).
It seems that the last transplant to their final pots was a bit too wet, as my plants got a bit of water on them close to lights off. It resulted in the water just staying their through the night, I guess, especially where branches and leaves touched each other, and I think that that together with two of my fans being off supplied the Powdery Mildew with a good breeding ground. Anyway, I really hope that it is under control cause I want to move forward with this grow.

As for the mold that started in my curing jar, Well, when my wife called me and told me that, as I was stuck in rush hour, driving home from school, I felt like my heart was broken. I was fearing the worst. Luckily it could have been much worst, but lesson learned:
I think the fault lies with both me and my wife, as two days before that day, she opened the jar to take a bud but did not burp it for the necessary period (as she was told by me), but she did not know that I took out the boveda pack I had with it as part of my curing experimentation, so she didn't understand how crucial it was to air it that day. I ordered 3 caliber III Hygrometers so to never do it again, and so I could finally keep a close eye on the RH levels in the jars.

So, as I said the plants were moved to their final pots. The Cookies Kush was released from her lst as I felt that the tops were even enough for the net.
The net was set aprox 8" above ground, and I installed a second LED panel (the one from my last journal) to maximize the light.

Next step is letting them grow through the net and weaving them evenly.

I have learned to use preventatives, I think I am going to continue using neem oil on my plants for as long as possible, and I will start to implement it in every grow from now on.
Pests can be a real pain in the arse!!!

Here are some photos of how the girls look now.
Cookies Kush is on the left and Utopia Haze is on the right, I love her three leaf phenom:love:
DSC_08142.JPG
DSC_08134.JPG
DSC_08129.JPG
DSC_08105.JPG

Thanks for stopping by:thanks:

Leave a message:cheer:

Hello :420:
How are you all doing?
It has been a while since my last update, I know, but I wanted to have something to show, so here we are.
Well, I started adding sensi's cal mag extra, and the plants really improved since, darker green is getting back to my young mutated utopia haze. I guess that when I added the second LED panel, it must have taken them over the edge, and I really started to experience cal mag deficiency - yellow leaves, dying leaves, dark spots, burned tips..the works, But things are looking better now.
I am Still treating the plants with a neem oil solution.
Plants are growing rapidly now, and I am weaving them every day. You can really see how many new tops are appearing. I already counted around 40. As they climb up I will hopefully get them in to their intended hole. SCROG is quite an amazing experience, I am constantly planning in my mind my next move. I am afraid I need to be extra carful when it comes to the utopia haze, as I have heared that it can triple it's size during the stretch period.
My idea is to slowly manipulate them from one side of the tent to the other so that they both get an equal amount of both led panels.
I downloaded a cool app that reads lumens (even though I know that it is not a good scale for leds) so I was happy to see that I have proper light distribution in my space. The meter reads around 20000-30000 lumens at the net level.

Its been a challenging grow so far with scrogging for the first time, the cal mag deficiency, and an outburst of powdery mildew. The girls better recover fully before I switch the light schedule.

The wife and I finished all of our supply from our last runs, unfortunately, and we moved to smoking some of the trim and sugar leaves removed from buds. I can tell you one thing, it still beats most of the stuff out there, especially knowing where it came from, and it still holds a good kick:cheesygrinsmiley:
Well, enough chitchat, let me show you guys and gals where we are at

Here's a look at the girls from 4 days ago
DSC_08142.JPG
DSC_08204.JPG
DSC_08219.JPG
DSC_08229.JPG
DSC_082314.JPG
DSC_08258.JPG
DSC_082612.JPG
DSC_08278.JPG

As you can see, its quite a mission to manipulate them from one side to the other.

Here are the girls today
DSC_082812.JPG
DSC_08299.JPG
DSC_083010.JPG
DSC_083112.JPG
DSC_08328.JPG
DSC_083311.JPG

Both of the girls have shown signs of sexual maturity. They had me a bit worried there for a while, but They have shown their glorious pistils, that was a relief.

That's it for now.
Thanks for stopping by.
Much love good people :Namaste:

Hey man, Welcome!
Yes, I have found out what those red spots were, they were just part of the signs that my plants showed as a result of a cal mag deficiency, that was fixed with some sansi's cal mag extra.
Here are some photos of the girls yesterday They seem to be enjoying the intesity of the LED mixture that they are heaving. I really hope it pays out, as I am not going to use my cfls this run. I think 340 true Watts of the combined LED panels would do. I decided to try the DIY cob led panel for the future, so its is really going to be interesting anyway... well, I started babbling again, here they are:
Day 14 of Flowering (yesterday)
DSC_082813.JPG
DSC_08458.JPG
DSC_08446.JPG
DSC_08438.JPG
DSC_08467.JPG
DSC_08471.JPG
DSC_08485.JPG

Thanks for stoppoing by! :Namaste:

Update: Flowering Week 3 Day 6

Girls are looking good. I was a bit worried that I might have done too much of LST to them, But I will play it out and will see what happens.
Giving them Bio bizz products using their schedule, along with some cal mag, and they seem to agree with it.
The screen has filled up nicely, as best it could, considering that the pots for placed on two corners of the grow space.
As of now, I am really at a loss about which is which, I was hoping that it would come clear once they will start flowering, as the haze is supposed to flower slower. Still cant be sure. I hope that it clears out eventually, as the cookies kush is supposed to be ready before the haze.
Here are the girls from 5 days ago:
DSC_08497.JPG
DSC_08526.JPG
DSC_08539.JPG
DSC_08568.JPG

The Front plant
DSC_08608.JPG
DSC_08508.JPG

The Back plant
DSC_085111.JPG
DSC_08598.JPG

Here are the girls from today
DSC_08645.JPG
DSC_08669.JPG
DSC_08674.JPG
DSC_08687.JPG
DSC_08497.JPG

The Front plant
DSC_08627.JPG

The Back plant
DSC_08615.JPG
DSC_08636.JPG

The one in the front is starting to show brown hairs, with that in mind, and with the fact that it had less of a stretch and her leaves dont look as sativa like as the one at the back, she is a prime suspect for being the Cookies Kush. Which means that I did mix them up, but still to early to tell..
Their smells are already quite amazing when touched, Very different from each other.
Thanks for stopping by. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom