Just a setup question about LED lights

goof1987

OK I have a question on lighting. Now keep in mind I'm not actually growing anything at this point and I have in the past but what I'm looming for is new to me. I plan on using a top fed dwc grow setup with 3-4 plants in a 10 gallon container. I'll be using 5 gallons of water in my setup and putting reflective tape over the whole system and I'm looking at led lights. I have found a few that have caught my interest and my question is will 1 DS XML 350 be sufficient light for my 3-4 girls? I want to keep my lighting down to 1 structure if at all possible and I am open to any other suggestions as long as its just 1 light. So please can anyone in the led portion of this community give me some tips or better recommendation for lights (under $1000 preferably)?

Iv never done led and figure its worth a try and and ventilation is going to be complicated at best so yeah I'm pretty set on led this time around and $1000 is what I am willing to spend in the light I have already made the rest of the setup.

check Mars Hydro LED - the Best Solutions for Horticulture and Indoor Plants
something like MARS II 1200w or 1600w model.
1200w model have 600w real wattage draw and 1600w model have around 740w (this one also have veg/flo switch).
By the way, I heard it's better if you put 2 of 300w (their 700w model) on a space where you would put 1 600w (real power draw) light, when talking about LEDs.
They are not expensive for what you get. I'm using them for my second grow now and they're pretty amazing.

This is their thread: Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Do you think 2 of the 1600 would be to much? Would be just a hair more than the DS XML 350 or solar storm 440

Well 2 of the 1600 would be much than a hair more. Solar storm is 440w and Mars II 1600w is ~700w, so 2 of them is 1,4kw.
One Mars II 1600w will be more than enough.

Sorry I meant just a hair more in price lol. I'm still trying to catch up on the mars thread but the 1600 is looking awesome

:)
It is awesome. And with grow/bloom switch you really pull out the best from LED

I love the fact so many people are happy with it and its cheap enough to buy 2 with my budget so once I start flower I can start some more in veg .

Indeed they are. Make sure to have seperated and complety sealed rooms for veg and flo.

Oh yeah 2 completely different rooms in the house I used to grow back before my first daughter was born but never used led lol

:thumb:

Nice, LEDs has improved significantly since then.
Mars Hydro are sending out new light at the end of this month, called Mars Pro. They are using CREE or EPISTAR diodes and the light itself is curved (only CREE edition), can't wait to see what is this light capable of :) but the price is a bit high.. something like 700$ for CREE and around 450$ for EPISTAR. But it has its own remote control, self timer and it shows RH% and °C/F. And the best part, you can control output light spectrum.

Official Mars Hydro (epistar):

Colorado Finest review:

This is the EPISTAR model, but soon he will recieve the CREE one and review it.
But you'll have to wait like at least 3 months for full grow journal.

Haha. I would suggest you to, in order to avoid getting killed, just buy MARS II 1600w.

Back
Top Bottom