Just added a 600w hps to my growroom, temp is now 92f is that alright?

fakirr

Last night I added a 600w hps to
my three plant growroom, they are two weeks from harvest and the temp has shot from 80f steady to 92f when the lights are on, is this too hot?

Also will I see a significant increase in yield by adding this so late? Or should u switch back to my 300w cfl?

78 is what temp plants photosythisize the best, so shoot for 78 or as close as you can get to it. If you are handy/crafty and have a place to vent hot air, you can get a window ac unit for under 20-30 bucks on craigslist and convert it to a portable one.

92 is only acceptable if running co2.
If not go get a portable ac unit at lowes for $300 and get those temps back down to no higher than 80 degrees and humidity at not more than 50%. Put a dehumidifier in if needed, only $150 at home depot of lowes.

During my last grow (soil), I frequently had temps in my room of 90-92 degrees, sometimes as high as 94 before the fans would kick on with their times. No CO2 in the room.

My buds came out looking pretty good, and definitely bigger than the previous grow.

So while 90+ may not be the best thing, it didn't hurt mine any.

Mine are in a 4'X2' tent w/ 2-400 hps. Been hitting up around 92 with an intake, an exhaust, and 2- small circulating fans blowing between the lights and the tops.They seem to be doing OK as long as I keep the tops away from the bulbs as much as possible. They really stretched when I switched from vegging w/LED's. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom