Just Another FIM'd Auto: Single DWC, 150W LED

I imagine it’s super exciting to start to see real buds forming, I also have not made it that far, well my first first grow was some miracle grow with some soil from out side and a fish tank light right in my kitchen, so I’m sure I’m was getting light in small stressful amounts the entire grow, so I got like 10g of larf lol, then my next few either were males or something came up and had to end it, but I just flipped my tent to flower like a week ago so I’m looking forward to seeing them buds start forming

I imagine it’s super exciting to start to see real buds forming, I also have not made it that far, well my first first grow was some miracle grow with some soil from out side and a fish tank light right in my kitchen, so I’m sure I’m was getting light in small stressful amounts the entire grow, so I got like 10g of larf lol, then my next few either were males or something came up and had to end it, but I just flipped my tent to flower like a week ago so I’m looking forward to seeing them buds start forming

It is really great to see, you're right. But it's almost stressful, that nagging in the back of my head worried that I've made it this far, but idk if i can actually cross the finish line with this momentum. Always waiting for the other shoe to drop. :lot-o-toke:

From the looks of it tho, this grow you have going will definitely be more than just a bit of larf. ;) I'm actually hoping I didn't stunt my girl too much with the torture I put her through during veg. Next go-round I'm going to do nothing but LST instead, to compare the results. I'm sure that this harvest will be lacking, just because it was an auto that go chopped a few times, and a few more heavy defols after that even. But time will tell.

I'll have to stop in to both your grows as they progress and check them out!

I have been hard slacking on keeping this journal up to date. Probably a bit too much smoke. :ganjamon: :ganjamon:

But she's doing great, and I can really see the trichome production starting to kick up and onto some of the newer fan leaves already. Being less than 2 full weeks in flower, and still on the transitional nutrient schedule, I'm SUPER stoked to see how potent she's going to be.

One quick picture for now, will update later tonight or tomorrow with more pics and info.

20200815_120912.jpg

Oof.

This week has been an absolute nightmare for scheduling. But the girl is still doing good. I failed to deliver on the last "real" update, but it is on the to-do list for this weekend.

Overall, she's still doing fantastic. The trics popping up on the leaves is getting me 50 shades of excited. Hoping she puts on some weight soon, looking to do a hefty day 21 of flower defol. It seems that the foliage cover for the canopy is just... never going to stop. :laughtwo:

Another shot for tonight, more with better details tomorrow.

20200821_212316.jpg

Day 19 of flower (I think?) -

This won't quite be the update I was hoping to give this weekend, I just can't seem to catch a break with things popping up to keep me busy. lol. But I do come with a few more pictures.

She got a super hefty defol this evening to open everything up, and I will snag some eye screws to pull the individual branches down and away from each other so that they have more light and airflow, with some room to grow out and into. The mess of knotted leaves took close to 3 hours to trim down and clean up, so hopefully she will divert that energy into buds from here on.

20200823_183143.jpg

I stopped even trying to count her tops. :yummy: :yummy:

Snapchat-793358458.jpg

One of the many, many branches that she's got. Bud sites all seem to be filling out well, even with the crowded canopy. So in theory, over the course of finishing the grow, she should really plump her buds out.

:ganjamon::ganjamon:

Day "I lost track a long time ago" -

I finally got around to tying her down to open up all of her tops today and filled up the rest of her grow space. I wasn't actually aware of how sticky she had gotten until I forgot to use gloves while working with the wire. :ganjamon: :ganjamon:

I did however royally mess up and broke one of her stems, and gave it the duct tape treatment to hopefully heal. But I am fully expecting to lose that branch.

Buds are starting to really put on some weight, and I expect her to fill out more evenly on all the tops instead of having just a few that she's favoring. I will make a mental note to start LST much sooner during the next grow, because I would assume that the grow would overall be much better in regards to how she developed.

But, other than my personal mistakes, she is doing absolutely fantastic and the smell is absolutely incredible. My entire house smells like lemon disinfectant. ;)

20200829_103747.jpg

Filling up her grow space nicely. :yummy:

20200829_103718.jpg

Tons of wire had to be used for the way too many branches. I didn't even pull them all down, just enough to even things out and open up the canopy.

20200829_103552.jpg

Buds are coming in fat and just layered in trichomes. :yahoo::yahoo:

Super short update for tonight, hopefully more during this long weekend -

Hope everyone following along is doing well, life has been a bit more chaotic with work and whatnot. But the girl is really starting to put on some weight and oh lawd is she frosty. :yummy::yummy:

A few burnt tips, but those are 100% my fault for not giving her as much attention as I had throughout the veg phase of things.

20200905_094256.jpg

work has absolutely killed my journaling abilities with the hours that I'm on the road.

however,

she got harvested about 12 days ago, dried for 7 days, and has been in jars curing since.

20200925_203021.jpg

20200925_203927.jpg

I ~~~really~~~ need to get a better set of trimming shears and some practice, I know. lol
Dry weight was roughly 135 grams, minus what I've been sampling as she's been curing. :ganjamon:
.9g per watt - Not great, not terrible. Definitely leaves a lot to be improved on.

While I am happy with the weight, I am not happy with the product itself. The buds seem loose and airy, and leave a lot to be desired with "bag appeal". I fully attribute this to the heavy defoliations, and their timing's, that I had to undertake with her from the sheer quantity of chutes she produced from the FIM jobs. Next round I would LOVE to be back in the big tent, but will have to figure out a better schedule for caring for the girls before that happens. Until then, I've got some damn decent smoke little harsh, but I expect most of that to go away with a longer cure.

Conclusion so far -
Did FIM'ing the plants stunt growth? Undecided. Would have to grow another of the same strain with similar growing conditions without snipping to get a better baseline.
Was it worth doing? Absolutely.
Would I do it again? Potentially, depending on the strain, time available, and overall goals for the grow.
Could it have been a better grow? Isn't that what we all strive for? :lot-o-toke:

Was your 150-watt a Mars Hydro TS-1000? And how many hours per day did you run it? You may have already answered those two questions. If so, feel free to tell me to go back and reread the thread, lol.

BtW, when "shaggy trimmed" bud like that is dry, you can clean it up pretty quickly with a toothpick. The portions of the leaves that are sticking out snap right off. IDK whether you're worried about that, though; just a tip.

Was your 150-watt a Mars Hydro TS-1000? And how many hours per day did you run it? You may have already answered those two questions. If so, feel free to tell me to go back and reread the thread, lol.

BtW, when "shaggy trimmed" bud like that is dry, you can clean it up pretty quickly with a toothpick. The portions of the leaves that are sticking out snap right off. IDK whether you're worried about that, though; just a tip.

It was an HLG 135, actually. Light cycle was 20/4 every day of the grow, with the draw a full 150 from the wall the entire time as well.

Great call with the toothpick. Tried it last night with a bud or two and it definitely made the whole process 10x faster and more simple.

:yummy: :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom