Just bought new LED light: red, blue, purple?

minimee1108

420 Member
What's up guys I just bought a new light and I'm going to put it in my grow tent. I don't know the effectiveness of the new light but it has three colors that being BLUE, RED, and PURPLE.
wattage is 25
PPF 46.028
BLUE PF 49.122
RED PF 30.896
Blue wavelength 449nm
Red Wavelength 640nm

Basically, I want to know the appropriate colors to use and also if this light is going to treat my plants well of if this is even a good light for begginers.

Crank them all all the way up never heard of purple I thought the red and blue make purple I have seen red blue and white
Maybe a good seedling light then might turn the red down a little so they don't stretch
No light is junk they can be used for something

Now that you have the bug check out elevated lighting one of our sponsors the have lights that will cover a box or a warehouse

Welcome to 420

Hiya - your lamp is the single most important bit of kit to invest in - you cannot skimp on this
As a rule of thumb, you are looking for +/- 50w per sq ft
It is also about light intensity
Even one plant will take up 2' x 2' = 4 sq ft = 200w or you will end end up with some fluffy popcorn, that's all
As the power goes up, the efficiency improves, ie a 300w FS will cover 2 plants adequately or 4 small at a push, for the the extra 100w as the extra intensity can penetrate sides better, reflect etc
Don't know what your set up is, but I hope that helps

I made a similar mistake with the below POS (piece of ...) swapped for 3 x 24w cfls and my plants now veg like they are outside.

Screenshot_20210401-212113_eBay.jpg

Claims to be 80W, i ended up with 4 plants that were just stretched and lanky. Barely ¼ oz per plant harvested from that grow.

Sorry to say, but that light is basically worthless. Not even close to enough power. Most any of the lights from the major brands will work, it's gonna cost you a bill or two. Look at the sponsors page, many offer 420 Mag discounts. Mars, Bestva, Vivarspectra, all good entry level lights, that will grow good plants. How big your grow area is will determine the size of light you need. Make sure whatever you get will FLOWER your area. Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom