Kitten's First Grow - Two Indoor Reggies - June Journal 2015

BlueRaspberry

Hello fellow 420 Mag. Members, :nomo:

My name is Brittany, but I adore being called Kitten and I'm taking on the art of growing! :hmmmm:

About two months ago I moved in with my boyfriend. On June 27th when we were cleaning our bedroom we came across a baggie with two Reggie seeds. He placed them into a water bottle, closed the lid and I put the bottle in a desk cabinet were it is dark and safe. This was around 12:00 AM. When we woke up around 10:00 AM, the seeds were waiting at the bottom of the bottle. We found two Styrofoam cups and a bag of American Country Side Top Soil. I'm pretty sure it has wood chips and other junk inside it. :rip: :sorry: :sorry: I know this is so bad for my babies. But it's all we have right now. Payday isn't till July 14th. I tried to filter out most of the pieces of wood.
2uy2loi.png

14v330y.png

2s8poqw.png

Filling up the two cups and planting the seeds. They seemed to grow very fast. The one on the left was ahead of the other one, but I am very impressed by both of them. I took a few photos on July the 5th. It seems like for a few days they weren't noticeable growing. But I am starting to see growth now (July 7th). I will attach photos from July 5th. I am so proud of my little seedlings.:love: Even a bit proud of myself for not killing them. :woohoo::yahoo:

I would like some suggestions and recommendations of the types of supplies I need to upgrade to. :morenutes:

I am growing two Reggies with an AeroGarden Pro 200 (Which is discontinued for some reason). Using Top Soil and watering with Nestle Pure Life water bottles. The cups have four thumb tack holes at the bottom. I switched one plant to a clear plastic cup.
29n9vde.png

It was looking like it was planted to deep down. I figured I would leave the one that was doing best alone until I upgrade my supplies. I have a few fly strips cut smaller and hung nearby to catch the gnats. That is all the pests that I can see so far. I have a fan on 24/7 it isn't pointed directly at them, but turned to blow a small current their way to keep them wiggling.
4giu4x.png

I placed a white towel on the wall behind the AeroGarden and a bit of Aluminum Foil on the left side to reflect a little light and to bounce back the fan current. Majority of the time the lamp is on, I rarely see it flick off, but it does. It has an automatic on and off timer. I have a temp and humidity gauge hung right next to the AeroGarden neck.
v9rvd.png

2ykdtnc.png

If you want to ask questions or see certain photos just ask. I'd be thrilled to share. :popcorn::thanks:

I just came home to an empty AeroGarden with my fan turned off. My boyfriends parents killed my babies. :rip::rip::rip::rip: It feels like they just shot my dog in the head. I'm ordering new seeds today in favor of them. I'm sorry that this journal must end.. I tried looking for them.. But I have found nothing.. :lot-o-toke::sorry:

Back
Top Bottom