Kushington Farms Grows Farm Fav. Pineapple Skunk Plant with Lush LED Lights

Go to youtube. There are tons of commercial guys using Lush Lighting. It's hasn't caught on with home growers because of cost....

I can sure see why. :)

On the other hand, if the lights get great results and there is some independent reporting/testing/journaling going on, that would make all the difference in the world.

It would be so easy to find just a few really good growers here and sponsor them to do a journal using their lights. That would make a definitive statement. Marketing 101.

Anyway, I don't want to detract from this journal because it is really nice. And I am very interested in these lights if there is something to them.

You look into lst and scrog methods. Your leds are hing really high for most pics. I find 14-20 inches is good for leds depending on heat. You can use tomato cage to even help. You plants look like they are stretching and the flower stage has less energy used to hold itself up to the light. Scrog produces more even lighting and dense crowns and cheap to add to one grow and record and compare. If your like me i record all results. I am currently expanding and wanted to know how much the leds cost you per unit. Im in NY (not legal at this time) so small closet grow but still enough meds for my personal use.

There was a post from someone earlier in this thread that said, "you have to spend money to make money".

I don't grow for money. Just for my own needs along with my family and a few close friends. So the argument that you have to spend money to make money isn't so valid in my case.

I grow for quality - and I'm sure these lights are producing very good quality. But so do other lights at around 1/4 of the cost.

When I hear people yapping about grams per Watt, I just shake my head. There are so many other considerations besides just lights: space, power, number of plants, growing style (scrog, sog etc), nutrients and much more.

What I have not seen are lots of independent grow journals for Lush lights. Maybe I've just missed them. If so, could someone point me to where they are?

TopLED lights, on the other hand have many grow journals.

Lush Lights look very interesting. They make some very powerful claims, which if true, are absolutely phenomenal sounding. I'd love to see some independent testing backup their claims. And before anyone says that there is not independent testing for other light companies, most of them are not making claims of having better science. Lush Lights claims to have been able to do more than NASA.

Right now I have a 4' x 9' or so flower area. I have two TopLED Mars ll 1200's. They cost me around $900 total. To put two Lush Lights Dominator 2xXL in there, would cost $4000.00. So would the Dominator 2xXL create more than 4x the result with equal or better quality? If so, I would buy them.

The problem is there are no comparative grow journals. At least none that I can find.

I have followed along on this Journal. And while I love the look and quality of your grow, you seem to be about the only people actually doing a journal using these lights. (If I'm wrong, please point me to other journals.)

I would so much love for the claims this company makes to be valid. 30% more weight than HID is an incredible claim. And it seems like it would be so simple to do some comparative grows here on 420magazine. Shottafire could easily confirm whether these produce 30% more than HPS. And there are numerous other experts that can do a comparative grow against lights like TopLED.

Once these kinds of things have been done, if all bears out, I think there might be a case made for a $2000 light.

After seeing people post here that they didn't understand why people don't seem interested, I thought I would give my .02 as to why that might be.

I am anxious to learn more about these lights and look forward to your ongoing results and postings about them.

Okay where to begin. I was the one that said you gotta spend money to make money. which as you are pointing out was a poor quote to use. however still appropriate. If you look at things like a financial adviser saving money is making money. Now I also beleive I was makeing that point compared to HID Lighting and not LED. You running LED are already on the savings side which in turn saves your family and few friends money because your operating cost is lower. so it cost them less. you are spreading the love around but money is still either being made or less money is being spent. That being said you are correct there aren't a-lot of independent growers using Lush Lights making journals. They are all over you tube face book, and a few on Instagram. A lot of large operations are running Lush Lighting Like TGA TCC Humboldt seed Org and several dispensaries in CO and AZ all made the switch based on quality quantity and savings. Lush doesn't just provide bigger but also better. The over all quality and trichome production is hands down better than any I have seen. It also has a few different articles written about it in other magazines. There is a lot of interest just not a-lot of journals facebook has an entire group dedicated to Lush Lighting. I can't speak for eveyone but quite a few of the companies running them compared them to other LED and the only one they all run is Lush. I think that speaks for something. However, if your doing a small closet grow -how much space do you have?- because a small time grower doesn't need the big lush lights. The smaller $500 lumenator will work great for any small time operation.
thanks for watching the thread. and thanks for your two cents different perspectives are always welcome :)

Okay where to begin. I was the one that said you gotta spend money to make money. which as you are pointing out was a poor quote to use. however still appropriate. If you look at things like a financial adviser saving money is making money. Now I also beleive I was makeing that point compared to HID Lighting and not LED. You running LED are already on the savings side which in turn saves your family and few friends money because your operating cost is lower. so it cost them less. you are spreading the love around but money is still either being made or less money is being spent. That being said you are correct there aren't a-lot of independent growers using Lush Lights making journals. They are all over you tube face book, and a few on Instagram. A lot of large operations are running Lush Lighting Like TGA TCC Humboldt seed Org and several dispensaries in CO and AZ all made the switch based on quality quantity and savings. Lush doesn't just provide bigger but also better. The over all quality and trichome production is hands down better than any I have seen. It also has a few different articles written about it in other magazines. There is a lot of interest just not a-lot of journals facebook has an entire group dedicated to Lush Lighting. I can't speak for eveyone but quite a few of the companies running them compared them to other LED and the only one they all run is Lush. I think that speaks for something. However, if your doing a small closet grow -how much space do you have?- because a small time grower doesn't need the big lush lights. The smaller $500 lumenator will work great for any small time operation.
thanks for watching the thread. and thanks for your two cents different perspectives are always welcome :)

I really appreciate your perspective. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

And you're right... one is either saving money or getting money. That makes sense. Of course if we factor in the cost, It definitely takes a little bit longer to be at breakeven or better. But in the end, it's not that bad.

I have about 8' x 12' that I can use for flower. It's not really big by any stretch of the imagination but it is certainly bigger than a closet. It's big enough, that if I fill that space with these lights, It would set me back at least $8000 probably more. Still, with the increase in production, I might well save that much over the period of 1 - 1.5 years or so. That's not bad.

You are definitely a class act and I appreciate your thoughts. I will continue to follow along here and keep learning.

I still think it would be really great to get some comparative journals so we can actually see the difference.

Thank you for pointing me to the different groups. I will definitely check out YouTube. I should've thought to look there in the first place.

I'm looking forward to hanging out here.

02/01/14
Good evening, weekend, highs to everyone out there on :420: Okay I think I screwed up on the last updates when I labeled the plants. I labeled them both plant two. the plant that was on day 49 is plant 1 and the plant on day 42 is plant 2. This is an update for plant number 2 that is now on day 49.
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_49_9_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_49_8_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_49_3_1.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_49_11_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_49_29_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_49_28_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_49_26_.JPG

Get ready king john these are awesome . I will do a journal too as soon as I get my whole operation under these lights, but I am the sole provider for my wife and two children and every time I save the money somthing happens but within this year I will have a domimator and runing one badass journal peace and love and cannabis.

Bro, that is some fine PS you got goin there...That's once of my fav's and you grow it well :high-five:

Thank you kindly, reps like that from fellow growers always mean the most :) :Namaste:

02/03/14
good highs to everyone on :420: today nothing to say but plant number 1 day 56 Ill let her beauty talk for her. Pics taken on 01/30/14
Pineapple Skunk Day 56 Plant 1
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_3_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_2_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_20_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_14_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_12_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_10_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_11_.JPG

Nice gallery again dude! After seeing your journals I'm considering investing in a dominator! I'm currently running 2x600w + 1x400w hps in a 8'x4' scrog grow area. What would you suggest?, I'm thinking of buying the 2x dominator and running alongside a 600w hps just to see the results side by side. Cheers dude keep up the good work :thumb::nicethread::high-five::tokin:

I am pleased to announce that I have been selected to run a grow journal featuring Lush Lighting LED Dominator. In the near future I will showcase Lush Lighting's Dominator 2x.
Congrat King. I can't wait to see what ya do with them.......:circle-of-love:
02/03/14
good highs to everyone on :420: today nothing to say but plant number 1 day 56 Ill let her beauty talk for her. Pics taken on 01/30/14
Pineapple Skunk Day 56 Plant 1
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_3_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_2_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_20_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_14_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_12_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_10_.JPG
Kushington_Farms_Uses_Lush_LED_Lighting_Pineapple_Skunk_Day_56_11_.JPG

They are obviously doing a great job for ya. My Top Led Mars II will be here soon for the tent and I am going to compare them to themselves...lol I already have the reflector Top Led 96x3w and 48x3w. That is what the bank book allowed but I am very happy so far with them. Just hope they look this awesome!!!...........:circle-of-love:

Nice gallery again dude! After seeing your journals I'm considering investing in a dominator! I'm currently running 2x600w + 1x400w hps in a 8'x4' scrog grow area. What would you suggest?, I'm thinking of buying the 2x dominator and running alongside a 600w hps just to see the results side by side. Cheers dude keep up the good work :thumb::nicethread::high-five::tokin:

I think it will work out nice. I also Know that dominator will crush a 600w light. all you would need is 2 dominator 2x's in that 4x8

Congrat King. I can't wait to see what ya do with them.......:circle-of-love:

They are obviously doing a great job for ya. My Top Led Mars II will be here soon for the tent and I am going to compare them to themselves...lol I already have the reflector Top Led 96x3w and 48x3w. That is what the bank book allowed but I am very happy so far with them. Just hope they look this awesome!!!...........:circle-of-love:

thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom