L-1-U DIY Grow

Light-1-up

Hello 420,

Well with the high prices of this flower that we love!

I'm gonna attempt to save some cash flow and grow my own. I was at a local store and picked up some 6 quart white buckets, some MG potting mix, perlite, and a 2 foot shop light as well as some grow bulbs. I was blessed with a clone or three from a friend and I took their word its a good.

Strain: unknown
Soil: MG potting mix mixed with perlite
Light in veg: 2 foot shop light fixed with grow lights {made in Amercia}
Hours per day: 24/7
Light in flower: 12/12 but have not made up my mind on the wattage yet.
Space: 1x3 foot enclosed area.
Fan: 6" regular fan
Pots: 6 quart buckets
Grow area: covered in panda film

I have been reading alot about growing and the pro and cons of cfl's. With my situation I think that would be best for the heat and other problems that come along with HPS or MH lights. I have not done no research on led's but they look kinda nice though.

I have heard good things about {lst} and I was thinking that would be best because my area is so small. I was also thinking that 3 clones one for each square foot should be a decent start.

I'm not sure of the strain of this medication, but my buddy smoked some with me and it was really good! :ganjamon:

Here is a photo of our little female clones. I can only imagine what these little ladies will do what they get older.

001322.JPG

My grow area is not the best looking, but I think it will do. I'm thinking about preforming an lst techique. This will add time to veg but will reward me in the end. I hope to flower in about 4 weeks when these ladies look like bushes.. Who knows it might be less. Sorry my spelling and pics are not the best... LOL;)

I don't have much space, its only about 1'x3' so that is not really much space at all. At this present time all we got is a 2 foot shop light fixed with grow lights. I might build a better light in a few weeks, who knows I think this will work for veg though.

If I get about (4) 42 watt cfl's, they are eqaul to 800 watts of regular light but only 10,800 lumins. Would that work for a 1x3 area. If I went with (10) 13 watt bulbs, that would equal 27,000 lumins and 650 total watts for flowering. On the down side would be the heat, on the plus side would be the size of the nugs. :smokin: 10 {13 watt bulbs} would equal 130 watts per hour, If I use the 4 {42 watt bulbs} I use 168 watts per hour. Well thats a dumb question, I'll go with the higher lumins and less wattage every time.. If I bought a fan to suck out ther heat, I think that would work and everything should be good..

This is really the average man's grow...

Our ladies are doing just fine, I topped the (2) bigger clones this morning. They were twice the height of my small one, this will even them out I hope.

Our clones are 2 weeks old and will get vegged for less that a month before we flower.

I dont really know what to expect with how much finial product we get, but just growing my own is the reward in itself.

They will get lst later today and I might take some photos if any wants to see them, If not I'll just close this journal.

:yummy:

Yea so am I man, I hope to get maybe 3 oz at least but who knows. Maybe that's wishful thinking.

I found out my clone is a hybrid if I remember correctly is 70% indica and 30% sativa or something like that. I dont know a thing about that but my buddy was trying to explain it to me, and was not paying attention. As long as it grows decent nugs and save me some cash were good....:slide:

Thanks for your comment and yes I'll check out your grow.

Just go ahead and delete this journal... I'm not gonna post any more sorry to waste the space..

Just go ahead and delete this journal... I'm not gonna post any more sorry to waste the space..

Why delete this journal bro it looks like your off to a great start. I don't have any love on my journal yet either, but it will happen. Post some pic updates of the clones bro, sounds like a sick hybrid. I'm using the same amount of CFL wattage your using. I'm gonna have 3-4 plants from seed, so we have a pretty similar setup man. DON'T GIVE UP! :Rasta::goodluck::Rasta:

hey man i agree with jacobharry, i just started a journal today. on day 6 of my "CHRUCH" grow. i am also using 42 watt cfls and also ordered some 125 watt. my box is also 1x3 so check out my journal and maybe we can help eachother out. everyone can use a little lesson. keep it up man

Light, I'm new around here. too...In regards to using CFL's their is an excellent thread by Roseman that will help answer your questions. You can find it here ----> CFL Light Tutorial

Imo, you are overestimating the output of those lights. My 42w cfl's are rated @ 2600 lumens in the 2700k spectrum. You need some in the 6500k spektrum for vegging. Check out the thread and use the search function if you have questions...Always someone around to help, just gotta look around:bong:

BTW, your project is off the a great start...Updates ?

Why delete this journal bro it looks like your off to a great start. I don't have any love on my journal yet either, but it will happen. Post some pic updates of the clones bro, sounds like a sick hybrid. I'm using the same amount of CFL wattage your using. I'm gonna have 3-4 plants from seed, so we have a pretty similar setup man. DON'T GIVE UP! :Rasta::goodluck::Rasta:

Yea ur right bro. Well right now all I'm useing in veg is a 2 foot shop light fixed with grow lights, it seems to be working just fine for me. It's on 24/7 and the ladies are loving it.

Oh I wasn't gonna scrape the grow just the journal...lol

hey man i agree with jacobharry, i just started a journal today. on day 6 of my "CHRUCH" grow. i am also using 42 watt cfls and also ordered some 125 watt. my box is also 1x3 so check out my journal and maybe we can help eachother out. everyone can use a little lesson. keep it up man

Thanks for the words of incouragment Clear Crow. I'll have to check out that Church.

Light, I'm new around here. too...In regards to using CFL's their is an excellent thread by Roseman that will help answer your questions. You can find it here ----> CFL Light Tutorial

Imo, you are overestimating the output of those lights. My 42w cfl's are rated @ 2600 lumens in the 2700k spectrum. You need some in the 6500k spektrum for vegging. Check out the thread and use the search function if you have questions...Always someone around to help, just gotta look around:bong:

BTW, your project is off the a great start...Updates ?

Yea I might just got 3 42 watt (6500k) bulbs for vegging but if not I'll stick with our shop light.

Ok I'll have to check our Roseman journal, thanks for that info.

The information I was refering to, about the lumins is gonna be for flowering when that times comes..

Photo updates will come soon.

Here is our young ladies on their 2nd week of veg. In about a month they will be switched to 12/12

005304.JPG

These two have recieved a little lst treatment as well as beeg topped.
006262.JPG

007261.JPG

Sorry for the blury photos..

Glad you decided not to go through with the termination.
everyone has a story to tell.
so let yours be told!!
especially in the cold world we live in where us growers "grow in the closet" so to speak.
be glad we have such a marvelous site to share our experiences.
dont take it for granted.

Yea ur right bro. Well right now all I'm useing in veg is a 2 foot shop light fixed with grow lights, it seems to be working just fine for me. It's on 24/7 and the ladies are loving it.

Oh I wasn't gonna scrape the grow just the journal...lol

Thanks for the words of incouragment Clear Crow. I'll have to check out that Church.

Yea I might just got 3 42 watt (6500k) bulbs for vegging but if not I'll stick with our shop light.

Ok I'll have to check our Roseman journal, thanks for that info.

The information I was refering to, about the lumins is gonna be for flowering when that times comes..

Photo updates will come soon.

I'm glad you decided to not give up on the thread Light-1-up, who wants to end up in the abandoned journals section? Not me haha. It looks they are lovin that shop light, but I have 1 question? I might be pretty medicated right now, but it looks like you cut almost all your fan leaves off on your last two pics? Is that some type of method your using, because believe it or not plants need their fan leaves to support the inner nodes on a plant. I'm very curious to see how they turn out. I'm watchin your thread bro. :smokin:

I'm glad you decided to not give up on the thread Light-1-up, who wants to end up in the abandoned journals section? Not me haha. It looks they are lovin that shop light, but I have 1 question? I might be pretty medicated right now, but it looks like you cut almost all your fan leaves off on your last two pics? Is that some type of method your using, because believe it or not plants need their fan leaves to support the inner nodes on a plant. I'm very curious to see how they turn out. I'm watchin your thread bro. :smokin:

I had them outside getting some fresh air, I live in the city so I did not want them to be spotted. I altered their look.:smokin: I have trimed leaves off of our ladies before and it did not hurt them.

Well that's the reason JH in a nut shell.

I'm glad to have ya here..

I had them outside and I needed to alter their apperance. That's all.

I'm glad to have ya here jh!!

Glad you decided not to go through with the termination.
everyone has a story to tell.
so let yours be told!!
especially in the cold world we live in where us growers "grow in the closet" so to speak.
be glad we have such a marvelous site to share our experiences.
dont take it for granted.

Welcome yungBEARtokin thanks for stopping by, yea I got a story to tell. I love this content on this site and would never take it for granted.

Always good to have to here as well.

Hello 420,

What's good with ya? I have been real busy and built a new flowering room over the past few days. It's 2x3 and I will be useing cfls bulbs to flowering this grow, I took a couple photos of my clones mother, picked up 2 new ladies that are ready to flower right now as well as a bonsai MJ plant. It needs to be trained but the root system has been cut to help control its growth over the next 3 months. They are all 1 month old and look very healthy.

Total cfl wattage in flowering room is 1010 watts but we use only 252 watts per hour
walls covered in panda film

The name I'm gonna give to this strain is {FUBAR}

I could fit them all in veg but I'm not. The 2 new ladies are in flower as we speak. I'm also put the bonsai in the flower room as well. I dont have photos of the new grow room yet but I will have some tomorrow. Well you can see it in the back ground.

Here are some photos.

Mother plant and colas
She is 4 weeks into flowering and smells outstanding.
003333.JPG

006265.JPG

close up
007264.JPG

New Clones
This one is 8-10 inches tall and ready to spit pistols..
009222.JPG

This lady has been lst'd and ready to produce some fine buds. Look at all the buds sites on her mother in the background.
010220.JPG

Our bonsai plant, look at all the bud sites on her mother in the background
011193.JPG

Our ladies in veg
012167.JPG

Hope you enjoy!!:grinjoint:

Nice Bro! Your clones are looking awesome!
They are coming along nicely!
The mother looks beautiful as well! ++REP!!

Thanks for the reps man!

The mother {FUBAR} smells outstanding, I can't wait for another 5 weeks or so and harvest her..

The clones are getting there it's just gonna take some time. I'm glad I got the one big plant to admire and look at for the time.

Thanks for your comment my friend

I liked your inspiration for growing it made me want to read along. My clones growth is a couple weeks behind yours and I am glad you didn't delete this journal.

I hope my clones come out so well!

I liked your inspiration for growing it made me want to read along. My clones growth is a couple weeks behind yours and I am glad you didn't delete this journal.

I hope my clones come out so well!

:welcome:OGDanimal,

Thanks for those kind words. I'm glad I could be an inspiration to you.

I'll have to check out your grow and see how your ladies are doing then.

Thanks for stopping by OGD!

Back
Top Bottom