Landmark Marijuana Legalization Bill Introduced in California

Yes :cheesygrinsmiley:
Start with your reps in DC and work down to the post lady :cheesygrinsmiley:
Call 'em all and call them often.

Then start on the media :cheesygrinsmiley:
Can I start here?

OK men, eh, er, and women!! Follow meeeeeeee!!
Wait, where are we going?
To legalize marijuana!!!!!!!!
How we gonna do that??
Eh, I dunno, but.......... follow me!!!!! And, 420girls, I'll follow you....

I just wrote 4 letters to the Govenor, Both Senators and my local representative. will be mailing them out later today, I would encourage as many people as possible to write a short letter on your thoughts and do the same, the more people that write the bigger the support will be!.
Leviathan,

My thought is, their backs are really up against the wall.

Assemblymen Paul Cook, R-Yucca Valley Tm Berryhill, R-Modesto said they'd fight this but....... do they have a better $ solution? Nope.

Support is not even needed the way I see it. We've already reached a major tipping point in which if they don't legalize weed and try to milk it for all the money they can, they're done financially. They know it and everyone else knows it.

So, this is kind of like, legalize weed now......... or legalize weed later. One way or another they have to tap the money marijuana represents and thereby take it away from the black market. Same thing happened with alcohol - repealing prohibition. If they don't do this.................. California then the rest of the nation....... is fried monetarily.

They've gone as far as they can go. There's no more room. This is the end. It's in the can. They'd be lucky at this point if legalizing weed would even help enough to head off the pending financial disaster of bankruptcy and worse.

The last thing society needs is to send another 872,000 people to prison for cannabis possession/consumption. That's 1937. This is 2009. The last thing society needs is to put the lives of 33,871,648 California citizens in great financial jeopardy and otherwise because violent gang members running black market marijuana are enriched while we lose $14 billion to over $40 billion potential revenue yearly. We don't need to be stuck in outdated, outmoded and obsolete ordinances from the 1930s that are crippling California, crippling this nation, and crippling people. (crippling being the key word there, folks.)

smokeD (still waiting for those 420girls to send me a PM ;-))

YouTube - Rob Kampia of MPP on Glenn Beck 2/25/09

I need to make a correction.

"The last thing society needs is to send another 872,000 people to prison for cannabis possession/consumption. That's 1937."

I should have said, "The last thing society needs is to arrest another 872,000 people for cannabis possession/consumption."

Thanks, HappyKitty, for the info! :-D

all i know is if it is legalized there will be a mass exodus of potheads going to cali to buy a shitload of weed. not only will the government get money from the smokers already living in california, but every pothead who goes there to get it. i live in maryland and i'm already planning a trip. not to mention all of the mcdonalds and taco bell meals i'll buy when i'm there. california is going to make soooooo much money if this is legalized the other states and federal government will have no choice but to follow cali's lead.:slide:

Marijuana isn't a drug....its a plant...:grinjoint::grinjoint:
datGoodGood42, it's precisely the way I see it, too.

Close to $100 billion cash influx the first 12 months of legalization (including the tax).

Only hesitation may be this current global financial down turn people are facing, still the boost to our economy here will be staggering. This will truly be the "green rush." :)

Thinking over the above post, I have to lower my estimates for the first year scenario, mainly because there could be a lot of organizing involved - not everyone would be set up for business. So, toss the $100b for now.

I'll stick with the sub-structure industry, though, meaning, everything else financial income-wise that is not exactly the tax / sale itself, the core cash influx for California is definitely going to be higher in many various related and non-related yet effected industries.

There are still too many variables to speculate on exact $ numbers involved for the 1st 12 months.

Mine too :kisstwo:

What gets me is "If we legalize what message does that send to children!"

What message has been sent from 70 yrs of lies?
Nothing but total disrespect for the law.

Let's Grow our Energy Future.
Good point, DaMagoMan!

Them and their "message" angle has made me want to puke.

The entire structure of "sending a message" is ludicrous.

Their "message" can be dismantled is so many different ways it is pathetic - I won't even get into it here.

Bottom line: If the masses cannot see through their "message" BS by now, then America is just gonna have to suffer the financial consequences of the stupidity and prejudice of elected officials, until they are de-elected (unelected? :p).

if this happens in CA, even though its not for sure, but seems pretty likley because of the desperate economic position of the state,
i would move back. NO QUESTION.
damn. theres a long road yet for this to be done but it suddenly doesnt seem so far away like it did years ago!

lets keep our smokes....i mean hopes up people
;)
:nicethread:

Back
Top Bottom