Large Wattage CFL Efficiency

Ganjagrowergu

As part of my grow lighting I am currently running a 250 watt 2100k cfl in a wing reflector. The footprint is decent, but it doesn't seem very efficient. Wondering if hanging it vertically with no reflector would allow for more overall coverage?

I'm not looking for new lights just yet, only looking for more efficiency out of what I am already running.

Thanks

It won't be any more efficient if you hang it vertically. You can get a decent grow out of it, but it just won't get as big as it could with more watts.

Ive grown with them before and got about 6-8 oz. But that was with two lights that were a total of 550 watts, but I'd imagine you could get at least a couple ounces with just one light. If you want more, you'll need more lights.

I appreciate the reply. And i will just leave her how she is.

My lights are a bit of a cobble job blend. I have a mars300, 250 watt cfl, and I normally run 8 23watt mix spectrum CFLs. I pull half oz per 20oz Hempy, 1-1½ oz from a 40oz Hempy. Only my tops get dense, lowers are for cooking.

This is not what it looks like currently. This is when I am running full bore

I have only had three indoor grows, so I'm no expert at indoor growing. But I had a grow with a mix of LED AND CFL lights. I was a great grow that netted me over 18 oz of top notch bud. It was so good that I may just do it again.

For me the main attraction to using CFL and LED is the cost of running them. I'm using CMH lights right now. They work great, but seem to consume a lot more energy that drives my PG&E bill up quite a bit more.

Since I do 12/12 from seed I barely notice my grow on the bill. Its like 614 watts total for the tent. We run ac all summer grow or not.
I get a lot of flavors with the lighting mix as well

Just because I am bored and waiting for the pot shop on the corner to open at 9...

My big CFL half burnt out on me shortly after posting my last reply. Replacement cost $75-$85 + shipping and hazmat fee. I kind of went another direction.

Pretty sure these are the pinnacle of efficiency. Big thanks to @TimberGrowLights for putting me on the path.

Back
Top Bottom