Late bloomer manipulation?

Grandma Weedstein

I have a bad feeling I will not like the answers to this question but might as well ask:

Due to various timing issues, etc., I plan to put a late flowering sativa out from 18/12 indoor to natural light cycle outdoors right now.

One of the parents was extremely late to flower last year, so I figured why waste time having her out there when the daylight is still lengthy.

But now it occurred to me that maybe the issue isn’t the day length but the time outside during long nights.

In other words, is this plant still going to take forever to flower even though days are short? Or have I cut a lot of waiting time off by putting her outside once the nights are getting long?

Last year I harvested in early November. Am I still going to harvest in early November or will the buds not be ripe?

I feel like I am not being clear (drunk) but hopefully you get my gist. Is it the short days or the time under short days that leads to ripeness.

My sickly feeling is that they won’t ripen any faster under lower light conditions. The plant may go to bud faster but it will hurt my yields a lot. Well I probably fucked this one up but what the hell.

Shit I meant 18/6. Not in flower at all yet. I have just been drinking, LOL. So I am putting out a plant from veg to outdoors so it can flower now. Not sure if it will “catch up” to where it should be, but its parent was super late to flower last year — like not until late September did the mother start flowering. I thought it wouldn’t matter to put the offspring out late. I will sober up and be more clear tomorrow unless I drink again, LOL.

You must be pretty far north. Mine started in early to mid August. Some even in late July. She's still going to take the same amount of time as momma did. If it's not flowering yet it's gonna be winter before she finishes. You could have initiated flowering indoors. That would have saved you some outdoor flowering time. I hope it all works out for ya.

You must be pretty far north. Mine started in early to mid August. Some even in late July. She's still going to take the same amount of time as momma did. If it's not flowering yet it's gonna be winter before she finishes. You could have initiated flowering indoors. That would have saved you some outdoor flowering time. I hope it all works out for ya.
I probably should have been clearer — the plant has been indoors in a container. I plan to plant out soon and wonder if it will catch up to where it would have been, had it been outside the whole time.

Due to limited tent space, I didn’t initiate flowering indoors. The plant is sort of an afterthought to be honest but I am wondering what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom