Lavender/Trainwreck flower estimate?

Templeplate

Hi,

I am in the 50th day since I brought my two lavender/trainwreck clones home. They've been growing steadily since, but haven't gotten too tall: 3.5'. The flowers are a little over a week old. They're small but flourishing. They still look like early flowers to me, but as this is my first grow, I don't know.

I am including some pictures of the flowers. Notice how non-resinous they are. I am feeding them (as of the last two feeds) two tbs per gallon of blackstrap molasses per watering and a foliar feed of one tbs per gallon molasses on non-feed days. Can you estimate how much more time I should expect for these girls to go? All comments are appreciated!

bushes_7_16.jpg

50th_day_since_purchase_of_clone.jpg

7_16_flower_ii.jpg

7_16_top.jpg

That looks just like mine. Those are definitely flowers. I just measured mine and it is just over 4ft. Though, I am guessing my light is a bit more filtered than yours so my internodes are much more spaced than yours.

I am guessing that we are in for a long, slow, flowering period. I know trainwreck takes a while to finish. Not sure about lavender.

Thanks for the info.

Are you getting yellow fan leaves at the bottom?

My last feed before today was a mix of bat guano (Ancient Organics Grow) and molasses. This was similar to most of the feeds before, just a little heavier on the molasses (potassium).

Since it's in flower and the buds are swelling a bit day by day, I fed them with a heavy molasses dose this morning (In itself a kind of imprudent thing to do: 2 tbs per gallon rather than 2 tsp per gallon). This very morning I counted seven nearly fully yellow or half yellow fan leaves. I know that yellowing leaves is not uncommon for flowering plants, but if I'm going to have another five weeks of flowering, I'll need some healthy fan leaves, and the diet of high potassium and no nitrogen might not be the best one for that.

Anyway, I am curious to know how your flowering Lavender/Trainwreck plants look at this time.

Thanks in advance, norcal-med.

Well, norcal-med, you were right. The flowering is nice and slow. The girls get frostier by the day.
I have no clue when they will be ready, but they look like they're gonna be nice--especially for a first grow!

Here are some pics at day 67:
frosty_colas_web.jpg
full_flowering_web.jpg
crystal_top_08_02_web.jpg

Back
Top Bottom