Leaf looks sick? Help

Re: Leaf looks sick ? Help

image8033.jpg

Hi, Bomber :ciao:

I can't see very clearly with those pics because of the size, but in the first pic that curled leaf looks like my plant's leaves when she had a nitrogen toxicity. I'd need to see it a little bigger to tell though.

Here is a link explaining how to embed the photos in your posts after you load them.

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Have a great day!

If you're growing in Coco, your plants look like the root-zone ph appears high. Have you done a run-off ph measurement to test the plants health?

If you're growing in Coco, your plants look like the root-zone ph appears high. Have you done a run-off ph measurement to test the plants health?

I checked the ph and it ranges from 5-5.9 could that be my problem and what would be the quickest fix ??

5.8 is the magic number for coco. The good range for coco is considered to be 5.5 to 6.1. the fix would be to flush 5.8 ph'd water. You always want to check the run off right after you water to get a accurate reading. just keep adding ph'd water till your run off is 5.7 to 5.8. Since your low if your PH was high you could settle for 5.8. to 5.9 Then you want to let them sit for a few days at least, 3days is what most folks recommend till you water again.

pH_chart76.jpg

5.8 is the magic number for coco. The good range for coco is considered to be 5.5 to 6.1. the fix would be to flush 5.8 ph'd water. You always want to check the run off right after you water to get a accurate reading. just keep adding ph'd water till your run off is 5.7 to 5.8. then you want to let them sit for a few days at least 3days is what most folks recommend till you water again.

I'm gonna transplant into 5 gal today , they are currently in 2 gal the new soil is gonna be cocoa loco so I'll do the the flush and post back , how about I add some lime ?

I wouldnt add lime to coco. Yes it will raise the PH but you should really balance your PH with watering rather then adding something to the coco. If you did add lime and used too much you would be in the same boat as before just on the high side of the PH range. Then you would be flushing all over again potentially adding more stress to the plant then needed to get the job done.

You dont want to transplant right after a flush. I would hold off till you get things squared away.

Back
Top Bottom