leaf stems

MDVL

i've noticed on some of our older plants which are close to harvest 2-3 wks. and my question is this. what causes the leaf stem to turn a purple/red? is thst part of the processor perhaps a indication that harvest is near?

Purple/red leaf stems aka petioles

This is ur plants way of saying "Hey I need more phosphorus!!" During flowering cannabis uses a significant amount more phosphorus and potassium than in vegetative growth. This is a common occurrence (reddened/purple petioles) in bloom (at least indoors). This is often accompanied by the upper portion of the plant's stem turning purple/red or get purple/red stripes. I would recommend upping the phosphorus (bloom nutes 2nd #) when U 1st notice this. Being that u are late into flower I wouldn't worry about it. Many people believe that this isn't a big deal. I did it so much that I thought it was normal until recently I've been working on remedying this. Click the Follow My grow link in my signature and U can see I too dealt with the exact same thing U are describing. U can still have a killer harvest, but I want to find out how much better it will be once this is corrected. Hope this helps and welcome to our forums.

could also be nitrogen, or phosphorus like bwc said, both will cause purple stems when you have a deficiency

at 2-3 weeks till harvest i would think it might be nitrogen because usually people don't give as much nitrogen in the flower stage and nitrogen starts to run out, the later stage of N deficiency is red stems along with the yellowing leaves

sure it could just as easy be phosphorus too. heck it could be sulfer deficiency too

Back
Top Bottom