Leaves are turning purple week 7 of bloom?! (Herojuana)

hydromaniac

Hi guys, this is my first grow and I am almost at the end probably a week or 2 to go, my leaves have been purpling since 2 weeks ago i guess i just didnt pay much attention but now i am worried there is a deficiencies or such is this normal ? what could cause this?

Hydro organic, using botanicare
Temp at top of canopy ~90 rest 80 when light on when off 78
week 7 of bloom
ppm 1100, ph 5.9
strain: herojuana

Thanks

IMG_20130525_220843.jpg
IMG_20130525_220813.jpg
IMG_20130525_220808.jpg

Hey there NM, Welcome to :420::welcome:
Its my understanding that late bloom cycle plants can "purple" with 10-20 degree temp swings-i.e. at night, lights off, temps dip down 10-20 degrees lower than they are with lights on. Very low temps in the 50s and 60s can also cause some purpling. I'm no expert, so my thoughts on it are just limited experience.
There are some very experienced growers here, but they tend to have their hands full with their own grows and journals, not to mention making rounds in their friends' journals throughout the community. To get some better information, you may have to seek out those growers and solicit their advice. Most everyone here will be willing to help, if you ask politely.
I think at 7 weeks, you're going to be fine. Keep up the good work:Namaste:

Hey there NM, Welcome to :420::welcome:
Its my understanding that late bloom cycle plants can "purple" with 10-20 degree temp swings-i.e. at night, lights off, temps dip down 10-20 degrees lower than they are with lights on. Very low temps in the 50s and 60s can also cause some purpling. I'm no expert, so my thoughts on it are just limited experience.
There are some very experienced growers here, but they tend to have their hands full with their own grows and journals, not to mention making rounds in their friends' journals throughout the community. To get some better information, you may have to seek out those growers and solicit their advice. Most everyone here will be willing to help, if you ask politely.
I think at 7 weeks, you're going to be fine. Keep up the good work:Namaste:

Hey quix i do know about the color change due to temp swings or the colder the darker. generaly some of the pics shown say otherwise the leaf on one is rolled and another pic looks necrotic in the center> I do agree however at this stage of development there is not much to worry about but thats not what he asked. I was merly offering my opinion. I thought thats what this sight was about. and also IMO the temps spoke of are not big enough or cold enough for most strains of cannabis to show that kind of effect . But you could also be right he could have one of those picky strains. :Namaste:

Oh wow man I'm sorry bud, I put the wrong name in while I wrote that reply. I was speaking to Hydro. Didn't mean to make it sound like I was disagreeing with you, and was really just throwing those thoughts out there. All apologies :Namaste:
Hey quix i do know about the color change due to temp swings or the colder the darker. generaly some of the pics shown say otherwise the leaf on one is rolled and another pic looks necrotic in the center> I do agree however at this stage of development there is not much to worry about but thats not what he asked. I was merly offering my opinion. I thought thats what this sight was about. and also IMO the temps spoke of are not big enough or cold enough for most strains of cannabis to show that kind of effect . But you could also be right he could have one of those picky strains. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom