LED for two

curley wurley

Hi,
Finally trying my hand at growing with LED lights...wasn't getting the results I wanted with florescent lights.
(actually I was doing sunlight during the day and florescent at night)
Wanting to grow two plants, on a budget, so my questions are:
How many Watts will work?
Can you recommend anything?

Thanks for any help...

Spare bedroom...so I can go up to 6 x 6 if need be.
Well, if you go 6x6 that's 36 square feet so if blurple led go with 45-50w per sqft. 1600+ actual watts. 5x5 go with 1100+ actual watts. 4x4= 720 actual watts.
Just look at specs closely. An advertised 1000w led grow light may have an actual power consumption of 200 watts. Go by actual, not advertised.

Please check out our Sponsors. They are all reputable companies, often offer a discount to 420 Magazine members, and without their support none of us would be here.

:Namaste:

Hi Curley, usually for led grow lights, you will need 30~40w/sft for veg, and 35~50w/sft for flowering. So for your 6x6 aea, you will need at least 1000w for veg and 1300w for flower. That is for normal blurple led grow lights, and now we have an upgraded ones : Mars Hydro TS, and Mars Hydro SP, will save 30% more energy , if you grow with these lights, you only need to use 700w for veg and 850w for flower. Saving a lot energy. :green_heart:

Why it is more efficiency.
- Traditional blurple light only put PPE around 1.8 umol/j, but these two lights put out around 2.15~2.4umol/j . Much more light efficiency.
- New SMD tech, light more brighter and use less power.

Hope this helps, if you have any question, just feel free to PM me .

Any thoughts on either of these two?

HLG 65 V2 4000K Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED

COB LED Grow Light, Niello 600W Full Spectrum

Back
Top Bottom