LED vs HPS

great looking plants guys,

Imma hps caveman,when I get to where I'm going,(state wise)I will have a tent full of them(led).I was one of those who got burned a few years back
bastard I had at that time,wouldn't grow dandelions.tech/price has moved leaps,in the last 3-5 years.

You can't honestly say that LEDs yield as good as HPS. If you were to run a controlled study where both plants are fed the same nutes and are grown in the exact same style but flowered under different lights the yields will not be as good with the LEDs. Now if you manipulate the plant and have more/smaller plants then yes you may be able to equal yields. As far as "frostier", I would need a test of the same phenotype grown under both lights, then send a sample to a lab. Until all this is done, this is all conjecture, just one persons opinion on a subject and nothing more.

Go ahead and ban me now:)

yes I can, hence I have moved away from HPS and sunk near $1,000 into LED units - you think I did this for shits and giggles?

the additional spectrum are what makes the difference, you can live on bread and water, like an HPS, or you can introduce fruit, meat & veg into your diet, and live much healthier, and bigger, like the additional range the LED provides.

I have seen measurable growth in just days from switching over.

it's 2014, why grow like it's 1980?

curso pulled 17+ozs from one plant under a P450 - still unconvinced?

look at this bud after 4 days under the P450;

DSC015687.JPG

there is a time and a place,for them all.

I will use them in a tent,but there is zero chance of me filling a room with them.

curso pulled 17+ozs from one plant under a P450 - still unconvinced?

please take in mind the growers skill,all the lights in the world wont help,if ya dont have game

I pumped out 10 zips,with a 3 gallon container,and a 400wt 30000 lumen metal halide,Dont diminsh the growers skills,Lights are just part of the equation

Icemuds bud looks great the plant is stellar! CO has the bomb! By the way CO i read up on your journal nightly. Im not saying anything but good things for you guys, but the hps will blow the LEDs out of the water weight wise, on the other hand having the broader spectrum and being able to lower the LEDs closer you do get more trichs and honestly a better product. But not more, I'll post a pic after my light comes on. I'm day 32 in and my buds are way bigger than any led bud I've seen.

not to be a wise guy,but similar results can be had,just from switching to bloom nutrients in the transitional period a couple of weeks before
flower

can ya link me to this thread??? I do have a znet9,that's waiting in the wings,so the more knowledge I can get, the better I will be prepared.

I'll check back in this thread in a few months and see if you guys have u-turned as I did - remember, I'm an HPS slag, I swear by them, but I've, erm, seen the light with LED :Namaste:

For those people that have been growing with LEDs for a while now, they have actually surpassed their HPS growth rates. I know Ice, CO's Finest, Buck, and BID (R.I.P.) all do/did. It is possible to get 3 pounds from a 5x5 area but not in 10 weeks unless you are counting all biomass. Two or 3 weeks of veg simply isn't long enough and it doesn't matter what type of lighting, media, nuits you are using.

Can you pull 3 lbs every 10 weeks on a 5by5 drain table? Yeah its my loss lmao.

you're taking my statement out of context, I never questioned your stock, or ability, merely that you're missing out on the benefits LED would afford your grow.

a 1,000 watt HPS produces approximately 1,000 umols - a measurement of the photosynthetically available light, ie, what a plant can use. a 278watt LED unit - the P450, produces over 2,500 at the same distance - that's the engineering behind LED, and that's why they work :Namaste:

Im not doubting anyone,Im here to learn.

the cost,has always been an issue with me,Im a cheap prick,I dont buy the shovel if I break the handle,I buy a new handle.

performance for me 5 years ago,was an issue,now with the results I see.I have no doubts they work.

Back
Top Bottom